Sricam help please

Daviebear

n3wb
Reaction score
I have forgotton my password to view my cam, how do i reset it or find a way if knowing it ????

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have forgotton my password to view my cam, how do i reset it or find a way if knowing it ????
If it's a Sricam outdoor IP cam, look for a 3 legged harness: 1 female connector for +12 VDC for camera power, an RJ-45 female jack for Ethernet (network) and 1 with a button to press for reset (hold for at least 10 seconds). If it's an indoor IP cam, look on the rear near the power jack or Ethernet port for a tiny hole barely large enough for a standard, STRAIGHTENED paper clip, should be marked 'Reset'. If not on rear or either side try the bottom. Try looking in good light or with a flashlight, as a black pinhole on a black cam is hard to spot. Press in gently and straight about 1/8" in to get the tactile feedback of a tiny normally open pushbutton being closed, hold for about 10 seconds. Once reset, try 'admin' for the username and leave the password field blank. If you are having trouble finding the IP of the cam (as reset usually puts the cam into DHCP), get a IP Scanner App for your smartphone (like 'Fing' for iOS). Get your phone onto your W-Fi and try the IP Scanner app once BEFORE you plug in the cam and look for familiar items (like your DSL or cable modem/router, your PC, your phone, etc.) so when the cam shows up you'll see it. Now power the cam OFF, plug the cam's Ethernet port into your router, power the cam UP, count to 60 and run the app. Once you spot the cam's assigned IP, Fing has a feature where you 'Scan Services' and it will reveal the port(s) available. Now you've got the assigned IP and the http port so you can put that into your browser (less quotes) "http://camera-ip-address:XX" wherein 'XX" is the http port (default is usually 80, some are 81, 88, 99 and even 49...I've seen a gamut). Most likely you'll need to use Internet Explorer 9 or above and will need the ActiveX plug-in, too. As mentioned, try 'admin' for the username and leave the password field blank.Once in, go to 'Settings' or 'Network' and change the IP to 'Static', put in IP that was assigned by DHCP (or your IP choice). If required also input the subnet mask and gateway of your router, click on 'Save' or 'Apply'.

Sorry if I went overboard (verbose) with the reply but I wanted to insure you had all the info you needed to be successful. I admit I assumed you needed the extra info, due to the nature of the question. Good luck!

Last edited:

Daviebear

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, i have managed to get the cam working but now its not connecting to the wifi when i put cam outside, driving me mad

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, i have managed to get the cam working but now its not connecting to the wifi when i put cam outside, driving me mad
Is it connected to Wi-Fi and working OK (with Ethernet cable unplugged) BEFORE you move it outdoors?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it connect to wifi when in the house and near the access point? If so, it's too far away when outdoors.

Daviebear

n3wb
Reaction score
Its connecting fine with ethernet cable but when i remove it ,it stops working and its right nect to the router

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its connecting fine with ethernet cable but when i remove it ,it stops working and its right nect to the router
I don't want to assume you have gone into 'Settings', 'Network', 'wireless' or the like and scanned for and selected the SSID of your Wi-Fi and 'saved' that so to make it quicker, I've copied and pasted an excerpt from a general Sricam user Guide below, so please bear in mind it's not MY grammar or word choices!

1. Make sure the router is a wireless router.
2. Make sure the Wi-Fi antenna installed on the camera.
3. Make sure whether there is encryption of the WLAN of the router, if there is encryption,
keep the key.
4. Login the camera, click >“Wireless Lan Settings”>”Scan”, please scan 2 times, then
you will find the WLAN from the list, choose the one you use.
5. If there is no encryption, just click “Submit”, if there is encryption, please input the key,
then click “Submit”.
6. Wait about 30 seconds, the camera will reboot, then unplug the network cable.