Status of Hardware Acceleration

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did the ability to see if BI is using Hardware Acceleration (Quicksync) change ? When I first set it up a few months ago, I recall seeing a # next to the pixels (on the camera tab of the BI status area - see below) and that meant that Quicksync /Hardware Acceleration was active on those cameras. I had to reformat my machine today and setting BU up - when I went in to check I noticed I don't have # anymore - but there is anew column called HA and there is a | next to each camera that was HA. Coincidently,. the ones that don't have it have a -. See screenshot below

I looked in the help file and it does not appear to be updated to mention the HA column.

Thanks

Annotation 2020-06-06 160630.png

Last edited:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I looked at mine and it looks the way yours did before. but I'm still on BI 5.2.1.4. What is the version you are on now?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It changed in the 5.2.9.x series. Some show a I and some show a I+ in mine - not sure what that means lol.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
The "I" stands for Intel .... I2 stands for Intel Beta..... HX stands for DirectX VA2....so on Each method of decoder has its own Abrv. now.

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So in summary: In the latest update # is gone and replaced by a new column and in that column you can see : I I2 or HX
And since I see "I" - it's the same as # and I am using Quicksync? Is that accurate ?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
So in summary: In the latest update # is gone and replaced by a new column and in that column you can see : I I2 or HX
And since I see "I" - it's the same as # and I am using Quicksync? Is that accurate ?
Yes, and you are correct as well, the help file is not up to date.