Strange colour shift in IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

tanGee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've recently gotten around to installing some IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras that I ordered far too long ago (thanks Andy!). One of them has a very strange colour shift that I can't seem to correct in any of the settings (see attached image). The camera seems to be getting the correct colours and then changing them, as I have noticed that if I go to Camera -> Conditions -> Backlight -> WDR and then make a large change to the slider, the camera refreshes with the proper colours, before the picture dims slightly and then faded to the shifted ones again.

I was able to correct the image in Photoshop by simply adding a Hue/Saturation adjustment with a Hue setting of -50 (attached image), but I can't see any way to make an adjustment like this in the camera.

Am I missing something or is it possibly a camera fault?

Attachments

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've recently gotten around to installing some IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras that I ordered far too long ago (thanks Andy!). One of them has a very strange colour shift that I can't seem to correct in any of the settings (see attached image). The camera seems to be getting the correct colours and then changing them, as I have noticed that if I go to Camera -> Conditions -> Backlight -> WDR and then make a large change to the slider, the camera refreshes with the proper colours, before the picture dims slightly and then faded to the shifted ones again.

I was able to correct the image in Photoshop by simply adding a Hue/Saturation adjustment with a Hue setting of -50 (attached image), but I can't see any way to make an adjustment like this in the camera.

Am I missing something or is it possibly a camera fault?
looks like you got a sticky IR cut filter.

tanGee

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that something I can fix? Does that fit with this:

I have noticed that if I go to Camera -> Conditions -> Backlight -> WDR and then make a large change to the slider, the camera refreshes with the proper colours, before the picture dims slightly and then faded to the shifted ones again.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that something I can fix? Does that fit with this:
You can try, it might be mechanical in nature, if you are in there, you should see a default button for those settings, that should fix it if its a software problem.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check the white balance configuration on your camera. I don't have one with me at hand but you should have controls to correct that problem under the CAMERA--CONDITIONS menu via web, it'd be either a hue/chroma adjustment or a white balance problem.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
OK I looked at your picture again, Believe it or not when I first had my 5231r up and running, at certain times of the day it would jump in and out just like yours is doing, I remember what I had done, I was click happy and set my day/night sensitivity to high and the IR cut filter would be clicking on and off during the days, I thought I had a bad cam but I re set it and it has been fine ever since...Just go to these settings and set them ALL back to Default and I bet your issues goes away. BTW that is definitely your IR cut filter doing that.

cam22.JPG

tanGee

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I looked at your picture again, Believe it or not when I first had my 5231r up and running, at certain times of the day it would jump in and out just like yours is doing, I remember what I had done, I was click happy and set my day/night sensitivity to high and the IR cut filter would be clicking on and off during the days, I thought I had a bad cam but I re set it and it has been fine ever since...Just go to these settings and set them ALL back to Default and I bet your issues goes away. BTW that is definitely your IR cut filter doing that.
I tried changing pretty much every setting I could find in each menu to see what had an effect, but couldn't isolate it, however resetting to defaults seems to have done the trick anyway! Thanks!