Strange VMD issue on dahua DVR

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an XVR5108H-4KL-X dvr installed with some hik TVI HD cameras along with a couple of hik IPC's. Everything was all set up and working, but recently the dvr has stopped sending push notifications for the IPC's. Everything still works fine for the HD cameras connected though.

Ive been to site and checked all dvr set up, vmd pattern, validity times, sensitivity, record channel and shedule recording set for regular and motion 24/7, and browsed the IPC's to check motion is still enabled and pattern/sensitivity is set. Basically the cameras record and playback fine but just dont show any areas of motion on smart pss or locally on the dvr gui even when walking right in front of them, so obviously the dvr is not sending push notifications on these cameras because of this.

Both dvr and IPC's have the latest firmware versions and ive rebooted everything.

Can anyone suggest anything please?.

Its my understanding that if the dvr sees motion, it triggers motion recording, or is this element done from the IPC itself?

Reaction score
I got to the bottom of this eventually.

I was using a set of powerline adaptors from the poe switch in the detached garage for the IPC's, for the connection back to the router and dvr in the house as the customer didn't want a catenary cable, and even though the cameras were streaming faultlessly, the powerline connection was somehow blocking the analytics from the IPC's to tell the dvr to record motion and send push notifications. I ran a temp cable in and immediately started getting VMD and push notifications. I went back a few days later and installed a cable and its now working perfectly.