Struggle with configuration of DMSS App

Fexx23

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

I bought the Dahua SD3C405DB-GNY-AW-PV recently. I have no NVR.

First I was very happy, because of the huge configuration capabilities. I spend several hours yesterday to adjust the Camera to my needs via Web Plugin. Than I added the camera to dmss via P2P and activated the push notifications.

I noticed that I got every few seconds a Push notification, even tough the people/vehicles were in an area which I excluded from detection via Web plugin.
In the Web plugin there is no alarm or detection, while my app dont stop pushing.

I just want to get an notification for the Events that are detected by the camera. It looks like the App has its own detection.
How can I reach my target?

I have two other issues:
1) Is it possible to limit the push notification to get only one per (e.g.) 30 Seconds?

2) The Performance for streaming live or recordings is different between web and DMSS. Via web I dont have any delay, while I have a buffering delay of 15-20 seconds with DMSS. It is streaming only with 100kb/s

Thank you in advance.

best regards

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These are low budget cameras which have several bugs due to dual light bullshit.

dahua_smart_dual.jpg.pagespeed.ce.0VpsZ9EVN3.jpg

Contact your seller that he can forward this to dahua.

Ive seen the bug before. The detection in the monitoring area cannot be disabled. Looks like the cam send you all notifications.

2 months ago here was a german guy @cam-da who has also problems with another model of this budget line. Maybe you both have the same seller, then he already knows about the good quality product.

In general:
the setting you are looking for is called "Anti-Dither".

• Anti-dither (AKA Cool Down Time between the next event): Here you can set anti-dither time. The value ranges from 5 to 600s. The anti-dither time refers to the alarm signal lasts time. It can be seem as the alarm signal activation stays such as the buzzer, tour, PTZ activation, snapshot, channel record. The stay time here does not include the latch time. During the alarm process, the alarm signal can begin an anti-dither time if system detects the local alarm again. The screen prompt, alarm upload, email and etc will not be activated. For example, if you set the anti-dither time as 10 second, you can see the each activation may last 10s if the local alarm is activated. During the process, if system detects another local alarm signal at the fifth second, the buzzer, tour, PTZ activation, snapshot, record channel will begin another 10s while the screen prompt, alarm upload, email will not be activated again. After 10s, if system detects another alarm signal, it can generate an alarm since the anti-dither time is out.

You can try it, but if the cam send you the SMD events from the monitoring area (aka everything) then it should not help with your rules.

When using p2p your connection might differ from local. So try to add the cam local in dmss and check if the buffer bug remain.

Could also be a problem with your internet connection either on mobile or home.

Last edited:

Fexx23

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using IVS Rules and SMD. No General motion detection. It looks like IVS is working fine.

I tried Anti-Dither (120 Seconds), because I read it already. But after this adjustment I dont get an Alarm at all. I thought that it might be the time an object has to stay detected before an Alarm is triggered.

I will try it without P2P.

Thank you.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you even tried to only use IVS ?
Do you still get notifications ?

In theory SMD should only work on the area which is setup in normal motion detection tab. But ive never seen that working on any dahua cam.

The bug i was referring to is the dual light function. It always turns on, no matter what area you setup somewhere. So the monitoring area is just a synonym for "everything". Somehow the same problem as with SMD.

Fexx23

n3wb
Reaction score
I adjusted IVS, deactivated SMD and anti-dither (120 sec) at the same time. Afterwards i got no alarm at all. This was the Point were I dismounted the Camera :angry: (10 pm) and made the decision to send it back.

I spend 8 hours Google-try&error yesterday and it drove me Crazy.

Today I m more chilled and give it another try.

Is the SD49225T-HN-W a better Option?
It is more expensive but onlhas 2MP.

Thank you.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Please more clearly.

@cam-da had the problem that IVS cannot be triggered with B/W night picture.

It only triggers with color picture.
For me this is a bug which make the cam unusable.

If that is your problem, send it back and buy a camera WITHOUT smart dual light.

dahua told him that the camera only triggers with color picture.

If your IVS rules not triggering @ day might be a different problem. either with your settings or cause its a cheap cam

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you enable intrusion alarm not motion detection?

its not a problem to run SMD and IVS at the same time in my experience.

If you want notifications from the intrusion zone on IVS you need to enable intrusion alarm for notificaitons only.