Struggling to add new camera IPC-T24IR

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have had Blue Iris with 8 POE and 1 wireless cameras, running in a stable configuration for a couple years now.

I went to add a new POE cam, an IPC-T24IR. I wired it up and added it to my POE switch as I've done before. I configured the camera's IP address, made sure there were no conflicts, etc. The camera web UI shows up right away, configuration was easy, and I can see the live feed on the camera web UI no problem. So far so good.

For some reason I cannot get a signal when I add the camera to BI. The camera shows up when I click "Find/inspect", and I have it set to Generic/ONVIF as all my other cameras are. But the Stream profiles don't autopopulate like the other cameras did, and when I save the configuration I get a "No Signal" sign and blank screen. I've tried rebooting the camera. I rebooted the computer. BI is on the most recent stable/critical update. I made sure the password was entered correctly. I changed the IP address of the camera to a random new one. Nothing seems to work. I actually didn't realize this but it's a different model of camera, same manufacturer, as the other ones on my network... but I doubt that matters, does it?

Any suggestions?

Configuration for the new camera
1706306764912.png

Configuration for a similar camera on the system that works well:
1706306794571.png

The config utility showing all of the cams on the network (highlighted cam is the new one)
1706306831924.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes it doesn't populate in everything. Simply copy/past the /cam/monitor... stuff into the mainstream and substream and you will be good to go.

Many of us have also seen that the newer GUI (white) really benefits from a factory reset before putting into BI. Don't know if that would resolve it, but none of my new GUI cams have had issues in BI doing that.

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sometimes it doesn't populate in everything. Simply copy/past the /cam/monitor... stuff into the mainstream and substream and you will be good to go.

Many of us have also seen that the newer GUI (white) really benefits from a factory reset before putting into BI. Don't know if that would resolve it, but none of my new GUI cams have had issues in BI doing that.
Assuming you mean copy the main / substream info from one cam into the new one... I just tried that, no go.

You think I should do a factory reset even though it's a brand new camera? I'll try it just want to make sure I understand.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. That has worked for others that had the issue where it didn't auto-populate it.

But yes, standard practice for many of us is to factory reset a brand new camera before we even bench test it. Before I connect a new camera to my system, I simply provide power to it and hold the factory reset and then start the procedure of setting it up.

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Figured it out! Super random but I was just messing with settings in the WebUI and discovered the ONVIF login credentials. I made a unique password for that (Separate from the admin password) and then used that in BI and bam, popped right up. Super weird because I didn't have to do that with my other cameras... just dumb luck I stumbled on that setting (although I wonder if a factory reset might have worked too, who knows). Hope this helps someone else in the future.

ekimreap

n3wb
Reaction score
Figured it out! Super random but I was just messing with settings in the WebUI and discovered the ONVIF login credentials. I made a unique password for that (Separate from the admin password) and then used that in BI and bam, popped right up. Super weird because I didn't have to do that with my other cameras... just dumb luck I stumbled on that setting (although I wonder if a factory reset might have worked too, who knows). Hope this helps someone else in the future.
OMG thank you -- I had the same issue and totally missed that there is a separate ONVIF login credential to set up. I also didn't have to do this for any other cameras, but did for IPC-T24IR.

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OMG thank you -- I had the same issue and totally missed that there is a separate ONVIF login credential to set up. I also didn't have to do this for any other cameras, but did for IPC-T24IR.
Nice! Glad this was helpful. My camera has been working well since originally posting this.