Struggling with Android app Remote access

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just installed the BI app on my Galaxy S24 Ultra phone (I am travelling, and using hotel wifi). I used QR code scanning to add the BI server (using my laptop and my VPN to access my BI server at home). I saved the server details, but when I then tried to connect I got an "unable to connect" error. I have used remote access successfully before (using the BI Android app on my last phone, with the same username and pw), so I guess that my server-side setup and username/password are OK.

I use DDNS to access my server from home, and have forwarded port 1079 to port 81 on my router, so I edited the server in the BI phone app to:
mydomain.ddns.net:1079

But I still get the "unable to connect" error.

Any ideas??

ataunton

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi itm

I had lots of problems to get this to work - never did get it to work . Ultimately I used Tailscale on the PC running BI and all remote devices which worked a charm. Easy ...the only thing is you have to first make sure Tailscale is connected on your mobile each time but it only a few seconds. Never had a problem since

Hope that helps

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use DDNS to access my server from home, and have forwarded port 1079 to port 81 on my router, so I edited the server in the BI phone app to:
mydomain.ddns.net:1079
How do you forward one port to another port?
Don't you mean a specific port is forwarded to a specific LAN IP?