Suddenlink - No access to port forward

PapiMike

n3wb
Reaction score
Apparently my ISP doesn't allow customers to change anything in their modem/router, not even the SSID! I wanted to use UI3 to see my cameras when out of town, but that doesn't look possible now. I can Teamviewer, but that's obviously not all that convenient. I have been all over the forums looking for the best way to access BI remotely, but I'm finding myself paralyzed with the options. If this is way simpler than I think it is, could someone nudge me in the right direction? I can research it myself, I just need a nudge! ;-)

Suddenlink ===> Unmanageable Altice UBC1326AA00 (192.168.1.0/24) ===> My Archer AX21 AX1800 Wi-Fi router (192.168.0.0/24) ===> Unmanaged Zyxel switch ===> BI and cameras

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Seem like you are double NATing your connection. This certainly can cause connection issues. Right now it seems that the Suddenlink modem is routing/NAT as well as your Archer WiFi router. A quick google search seems to indicate that Suddenlink won't provide a bridge mode on their modem, but they will allow you to replace it with a user provided modem. This is always the best choice, especially if they are charging a monthly fee for the modem! Ultimately you just want to bridge the modem into your own firewall/router where you handle everything (DHCP, DNS, NAT, firewall rules, etc)

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check out ZeroTier, others here have used it with success and there are others that do something similar. Do a search here about discussion.

FYI:

Last edited: