Suddenly none of my Amcrest wifi IP cameras will login to the router

BiigRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 different model Amcrest IP cameras. They have been working fine for a long time. Today, all of a sudden, none of them can login to the router.

These cameras have worked through good and bad weather as well as hot an cold weather. I deleted one camera and tried to add it back but it is not found to get it to login.

I stuck a hardwire RJ45 cable in the one I am testing and it connected instantly. It disappeared again as soon as I disconnected it even though it had the router wifi credentials.

Is it possible there is some interference that is scrambling certain wifi signals. I have other wifi devices, smartphones, doorbell, PC's etc. which are connecting with no problem.

Yes, I've rebooted the ISP modem and router several times and it does not change the problem.

Any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It can be interference by something new in your house or a neighbor. Anything wifi is subject to some sort of interference.

Maybe you added a new device and now the router cannot handle the data stream of the cameras.

The likelihood that both wifi units when out at the same time is kind of remote, but I guess it could happen.

More than likely, the camera when connected via wifi is talking to Amcrest servers because you used a QR code or P2P to install them and if they are down, so will be the cameras.

BiigRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It can be interference by something new in your house or a neighbor. Anything wifi is subject to some sort of interference.

Maybe you added a new device and now the router cannot handle the data stream of the cameras.

The likelihood that both wifi units when out at the same time is kind of remote, but I guess it could happen.

More than likely, the camera when connected via wifi is talking to Amcrest servers because you used a QR code or P2P to install them and if they are down, so will be the cameras.
Thank you for your reply wittaj.

I have egg on my face. I bought a repeater a long while back and routed all the cameras through it and left the other wifi devices connect directly to my router.

We must have had a power glitch that scrambled the repeater and I only rebooted the ISP modem and the main router forgetting about the repeater. I unplugged the repeater and plugged it back in and everything came back online.