Suggestion for a above average outdoor 5 ghz camera?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 2.4ghz bands in my urban area are usually saturated such that my two outdoor 2.4ghz cameras lose/regain connection regularly. It's annoying.
Would like to upgrade to a 5ghz camera since no one in my area seems to have anything (that I can tell) on that band.
Suggestions for a good 5ghz outdoor camera with IR (all I need is 10'), at least 1080 and with decent firmware features that work with Blue Iris.
I'd prefer one to be a small bullet type and another to be a small "box" type that goes inside of an weatherproof owl house. (smaller=better)
Inside one doesn't have to even be outdoor rated since it never gets wet in there.
Prefer to exclude anything Reolink though.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go cabled or go home

You realise that 5Ghz will be worse for distance and for getting the signal through structures?
The distance from my outdoor AP to the cameras is 35'-40', nothing between the AP and the cams.

Kendive

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you mind elaborating on this?
Look into Ubiquiti - Simplifying IT

Probably over kill for 40 to 50 feet but it will work. That short I would figure out how to run a cable. I brought up 900MHz because you said you can't use 2.4 where you are.

I have pumped internet as far as 15 miles direct line of site using 900 MHz. I have RC aircraft I can fly over 50 Miles away from myself using 433MHz for control and 1280MHz for video feed.

Might want ya a Ham Radio Lic you start playing with this stuff. LOL