SUNBA Cams

dhenzler

Young grasshopper
Oct 5, 2020
Newport NC
I've graduated from the low end cams to a relatively expensive PTZ model with a metal housing and fast pan features. I installed two refurb DX-20 405 cams a bit over a year ago, and had to have one replaced as the lens element was loose. But the manufacturer took good care of me, and I got a brand new upgrade cam without any cost. The night vision on these cams is a bit blotchy, caused by reflections internal to the lens system I think. The problem is only when zoomed to greater than 6X. Since then I have purchased a new DX-20 405 and a DX-25 601 which is a 6" diameter dome, and a lot better IR illuminator. Goes out to 1000 feet and has beautiful night vision.

I have an odd thing happening at one of my workstations... I Pan to a preset and I can hear the gear mechanism in the audio, but the image takes up to 15 seconds to catch up. Think it may be a link that is switching between full duplex and half duplex, or Gigabit and 10/100.

Will change the network settings tonight and see

Are you still enjoying the Sunba branded cameras? I am considering getting the DX-25 601 5MP version.