Support Renewal

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just logged onto the server and see that my support expires today. It looks like I have two options; extended service or priority support. Does anybody have any experience of what is best to get? Presumably, if you don't do anything then you wont be allowed any upgrades?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There is currently no limitation on regular Blue Iris updates within the major version you own, and hopefully there never will be.

Basically, at this point, you are supposed to buy one of those service plans if you need to email Ken for help with anything. Priority support is supposed to have faster response time, though I can't say if it works out this way or not.

If you don't do anything, and just let your support time remain expired, nothing bad will happen, Blue Iris will remain fully functional, and you'll still be able to download and install updates as normal. Some people buy a support plan just to help support the developer, because they feel Blue Iris is worth a lot more than they paid for it :)

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is currently no limitation on regular Blue Iris updates within the major version you own, and hopefully there never will be.

Basically, at this point, you are supposed to buy one of those service plans if you need to email Ken for help with anything. Priority support is supposed to have faster response time, though I can't say if it works out this way or not.

If you don't do anything, and just let your support time remain expired, nothing bad will happen, Blue Iris will remain fully functional, and you'll still be able to download and install updates as normal. Some people buy a support plan just to help support the developer, because they feel Blue Iris is worth a lot more than they paid for it :)
Agreed.