SV3C Wiring pin out

Rolszak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Just an FYI, PoE cameras many times have 2 wires that are "Shorted" for lack of a better term. i.e. one wire connects to quantity 2 pins. I ended up soldering 2 pieces of solid core (24 AWG) to the SV3C stranded copper. 2 different connections require this on each pigtail. I soldered each connection, used shrink tubing on each "2 to 1" solder connection and then used shrink tubing to enclose the exposed, UTP 24 AWG wires. be careful regarding the RJ45 connectors that you use. There are connectors for solid core wire and stranded wire and some that will handle both. Also, peopleI have attached a document that came directly from SV3C Technical Support. The problem is; I just cut the pigtail off of my 5th camera (10 more to go) and the wiring colors are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!! I have spent a great deal of time removing the vinyl jacket from the female RJ45 on the pigtail. I will post a follow up in case anyone else runs across "non-standard" wire colors.

Attachments

Rolszak

n3wb
Reaction score
My last post was regarding SV3C camera model: SV-B06POE-4MP-A. I am awaiting feedback from SV3C tech support regarding a completely different color scheme on a similar camera. This model: SV-B06POE-3MPL-A is seen in the pictures I posted below. I tried cutting away the vinyl enclosure on the female RJ45 receptacle, to no avail. I had some of the wires identified and attempted to attach the wires using a modular, female RJ45 punch down receptacle. I have been unable to identify the 2 "shorted" wires, i.e. the two wires that make 2 connections each. The wires that make the "shorted" connections are the negative and positive power feed wires.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Sorry, but I have no advice on those SV3C pigtails, but I do have a question:
Based on your statement "....I just cut the pigtail off of my 5th camera (10 more to go) ...", why are you cutting off those female connectors?

guyonly

n3wb
Reaction score
I just used all this information and got a SVEC cam that I evidently tried to brick and took a leap of faith in the above. I ignored the reds and blacks and purple. Power will be independently provided through to power lead if Poe does not and I am just twisting the wires and heat shrinking a rj45 keeping the fact that my lack of spatial acuity often misguides me and realized the picture with the answer is, to me, upside down So the greens are orange an the blues blue and the yellow to both greens and the gray to.both browns. I got the cam back up, remounted it, and wil test Poe power tomorrow.
Glad to be here, and making other bricks but this one is back. Thanks all.

billyUsa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, Fairbarnacle. I used this to connect an RJ45 male connector to the pigtail of the SV3C bullet type camera, SV-B01-1080P-POE. The pigtail was damaged.

The pattern worked for me, but, with the following adjustment: since Grey cannot be connected to both "Brown/W and Brown", I tried Grey on Brown, pin # 8, and it worked.
So, following the T-568B by pin number, you get...
1 - Blue-W
2 - Blue
3 - Green-W
4 - Orange
5 - N/A
6 - Green
7 - N/A
8 - Grey
Thank you, this configuration works for my SV3C SV-B01POE-3MPL-A camera (with yellow wire instead of orange)
1 - Blue-W
2 - Blue
3 - Green-W
4 - Yellow
5 - N/A
6 - Green
7 - N/A
8 - Grey
1678637168661.png1678637183157.png

Jerrit1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, this configuration works for my SV3C SV-B01POE-3MPL-A camera (with yellow wire instead of orange)
1 - Blue-W
2 - Blue
3 - Green-W
4 - Yellow
5 - N/A
6 - Green
7 - N/A
8 - Grey
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed, this worked great. I was going to throw away this SV3C IP cam (SV-B01POE-1080P) because the plug had been cut off by the previous owner but I used this pin-out to put on an RJ-45 end...to my surprise, the camera works. :)
1685982322074.png