Swann Metadata Info

Jargo

n3wb
Reaction score
Having problems trying to get SWANN ADS-445 (SWADS-445CAM) to work with other software besides their bundled junkware. From my research, nobody has had success connecting it to Blue Iris except for one person in a review on Amazon. (maybe a frustrated user posting crap to make people keep trying, hopefully not.

I did an IP and Port Scan to see which port was being used and then was able to access a web browser interface which is unfortunately in Chinese with no option to change to English. I managed to go through most settings with a Firefox addon “GTranslate” (see sample pic) looking for a video URL path to no avail.

I have basically given up on this but had an idea pop into my head this afternoon. I was wondering how all the Ispy IP Camera URL’s for various cameras are generated/found? (like in the sample links below)

http://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Swann

Is it possible to pull the IP Camera URL from a saved AVI file from the IP Camera with software like a HEX Editor or Meta Data info software?
Probably barking up the wrong tree, but I don’t like being beaten by these things if at all possible.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

markr

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever find what URL to use for the swann ads-445?

Jargo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mark, I stuffed around for nearly two weeks with that IP Camera and got nowhere. To the best of my knowledge it “cannot” be used with software other than SwannHD or whatever it was.

The SwannHD software was crap! It “sometimes” recorded in the max 10 seconds if someone knocked on the door, but stopped and wouldn’t continue if they started to trash the car whilst still in view of the camera …..

All I wanted to do was use it with Ispy or Blue Iris or similar but a customer service operator said it could not be. Basically, it seems to be like a mobile phone being locked to a certain carrier, and in this case, software. (but phones you can unlock)

I aged more in that two weeks than normal because I wanted to beat it, but could not. I returned it to the store and got a refund.

I have typed a fair bit here, but I should have taken the advice from someone else in another forum which I assume you have read. His reply was something like “return it, it’s crap!”
Cheers

Reaction score
Hi Mark, I stuffed around for nearly two weeks with that IP Camera and got nowhere. To the best of my knowledge it “cannot” be used with software other than SwannHD or whatever it was.

The SwannHD software was crap! It “sometimes” recorded in the max 10 seconds if someone knocked on the door, but stopped and wouldn’t continue if they started to trash the car whilst still in view of the camera …..

All I wanted to do was use it with Ispy or Blue Iris or similar but a customer service operator said it could not be. Basically, it seems to be like a mobile phone being locked to a certain carrier, and in this case, software. (but phones you can unlock)

I aged more in that two weeks than normal because I wanted to beat it, but could not. I returned it to the store and got a refund.

I have typed a fair bit here, but I should have taken the advice from someone else in another forum which I assume you have read. His reply was something like “return it, it’s crap!”
Cheers
Does anyone know who manufactured the ADS-445 for Swann. is it HIkvision or someone else

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try rtsp://<ip>:554/live.sdp or http://<ip>/videostream.asf?user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD] as the stream paths...

Hikvision didnt make that standard definition MJPEG Wifi piece of trash; the camera is garbage.