SWANN NHD-900BE / NHD-900DE -- web interface login failures

dlasher

n3wb
Jul 11, 2018
US
I've been fighting with Swann support since July, hoping someone on this forum can help. I have a batch of Swann's latest 4K cameras, NHD-900BE and NHD-900DE. The were originally sold with an NVR, but they are also sold stand alone.

I used to be able to log into the 80/WEB interface of each camera, where you set things like stream bitrates, OSD options, RTSP credentials etc. Some time in the last 18 months, they firmware updated, and I can no longer log into the web interfaces on any camera, either behind the NVR, or stand alone.

What I can do:
  • connect them back to the NVR - NVR sees them
  • return the cameras to their default settings via the NVR Maintenance tool
  • reset admin password via 'HOMESAFEVIEW' application - changes 9988 & RTSP password too. (seems to do the exact same thing as the NVR Maintenance option)
  • access RTSP streams via admin/admin or admin/$NVR_PASSWORD
  • access the web interface on HTTP/80 - unable to log in

What I cannot do:
* log successfully into the port 80 WEB interface of any camera, via ANY credentials I've tried.
*** admin/admin - FAIL
*** admin/password - FAIL
*** admin/$NVR_PASSWORD - FAIL
*** admin/$MAC_ADDRESS_OF_CAMERA - FAIL
* because I cannot log into 80/WEB, i can't change bitrates, OSD elements, RTSP permissions, ACL's ec.

This tells me that the credentials DB for services on 9988 and 514 are NOT the same credentials as port 80 and none of the steps/tools/etc seem to either reset the 80/WEB password, nor is anyone in Swann Support aware or willing to share.

Help?

Last edited:
Are you sure the HTTP port is still the standard "80" ?

Are you sure the HTTP port is still the standard "80" ?

Fair question, yes, it presents a login web page, just doesn't accept any credentials.. 3 failures will "penbox" you for 60 seconds till you can try again.

Screen Shot 2024-10-08 at 5.10.53 PM.png

Code:
Not shown: 65531 closed tcp ports (conn-refused)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
80/tcp   open  http
443/tcp  open  https
554/tcp  open  rtsp
9988/tcp open  nsesrvr
MAC Address: BC:51:XX:XX:XX:XX (Swann communications)