Swann NVR With Dahua Cameras Fix

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Long read, steps at the bottom if one does not want to read all.
I have a Swann NVR16-8580 (Costco 8 cam model) to go along with a Dahua NVR also. Adding some Dahua
cameras to the Swann can be challenging but EASY!

The hint cam from here when I read about ONVIF Device Manager. A little playing with the ONVIF Device Manager and it was up and running
with the exception of the 5842. I could ping the 5842 via CMD, log-in with any web browser but, I could not add it nor
see it with the Swann NVR nor the ONVIF Device Manager.

Out of frustration I opened the Dahua Config Tool, rebooted the camera and PRESTO the camera cam up on the ONVIF Device Manager.
A quick run to the Swann NVR, do a search and low and behold there it was. After a quick add and fill-in the blanks, NADA, no joy
and no "workie". Back to Dahua Config Tool, reboot the camera and BOOM there it was on the Swann. It works!

1.ONVIF Device Manager can it be seen?
2. Reboot camera via Dahua Config Tool.
3. see step 1 if yes go to 4 if not pull your hair out, cry and try something else.
4. Scann Swann in "Display IP Channels" to see camera and add it.
5. Go back into Swann "Display IP Channels",fix the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 camaera will not work yet.
6. Reboot camera via Dahua Config Tool.
7. Back to Swann NVR monitor and view your camera!

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Supplement to the above post.

When adding some of the cams 5442TZE it was balky. Open Dahua Config Tool, log-in go back to Swann
add cam, shut down Config Tool, wait cam will show up after a wait of 1-2 minutes.

So much fun!! I hope this will help others...

Gary

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I am glad I put this up here. We lost power and not remembering how to "see" the 5842 with the Swann.
I came back here and :smash: "remembered". That saved a bunch of time! :cool:

100 td

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We lost power and not remembering how to "see" the 5842 with the Swann.
R U saying if using the swann with Dahua cameras it won't save the configuration and if you lose power you have to manually enter all again? Seems strange that the profile wouldn't remain?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
No,
Swann will see the config of the Dahua cams but, will not handshake with with the cam/s until I reboot the Dahua cam/s
and usually with the Dahua "Config Tool".

Frogman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the post @garycrist

I managed to do this just recently after several evenings fiddling with the NVR.

A tip from me to any future readers of this post. Update the firmware on your NVR and don’t try to do it from the Swann app - connect to the physical NVR to access all the settings.

Sledgebrah

n3wb
Reaction score
Long read, steps at the bottom if one does not want to read all.
I have a Swann NVR16-8580 (Costco 8 cam model) to go along with a Dahua NVR also. Adding some Dahua
cameras to the Swann can be challenging but EASY!

The hint cam from here when I read about ONVIF Device Manager. A little playing with the ONVIF Device Manager and it was up and running
with the exception of the 5842. I could ping the 5842 via CMD, log-in with any web browser but, I could not add it nor
see it with the Swann NVR nor the ONVIF Device Manager.

Out of frustration I opened the Dahua Config Tool, rebooted the camera and PRESTO the camera cam up on the ONVIF Device Manager.
A quick run to the Swann NVR, do a search and low and behold there it was. After a quick add and fill-in the blanks, NADA, no joy
and no "workie". Back to Dahua Config Tool, reboot the camera and BOOM there it was on the Swann. It works!

1.ONVIF Device Manager can it be seen?
2. Reboot camera via Dahua Config Tool.
3. see step 1 if yes go to 4 if not pull your hair out, cry and try something else.
4. Scann Swann in "Display IP Channels" to see camera and add it.
5. Go back into Swann "Display IP Channels",fix the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 camaera will not work yet.
6. Reboot camera via Dahua Config Tool.
7. Back to Swann NVR monitor and view your camera!
Quick question since we have the exact same nvr. Are you able to access the nvr through your browser? I got the dahua boobie cam to show up on the nvr but can only get one of the cameras to show up. I was wondering if maybe the browser version has more options.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The only problem I have is with the newer cam F/W. It will not reboot like the older Dahua interface.
I have been too lazy to fix IPs to the Swann cams. Most of the time they come back up to the
original IPs. Everything is now on APC UPS'. After the browser updates NO to NVR via web interface.
Que mas?

Sledgebrah

n3wb
Reaction score
The only problem I have is with the newer cam F/W. It will not reboot like the older Dahua interface.
I have been too lazy to fix IPs to the Swann cams. Most of the time they come back up to the
original IPs. Everything is now on APC UPS'. After the browser updates NO to NVR via web interface.
Que mas?
Thank you for your help.

Sledgebrah

n3wb
Reaction score
Que mas?
Actually, did you have to change the IP address to match that of the nvr. Lets save nvr was 172.168.1.2, did you have to change the IP address to match the Nvr ( change cameras IP address it172.168.1.xxx or would it accept 192.168.1.210?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I have left the Swanns as DHCP,Dahuas have set IPs. All are on POE switches.
None are directly to NVRs.