Synology NAS set up

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Synology NAS and would like to have my video footage storded on it. When I remote into my security PC, I do not see the NAS showing in the network locations. (Discovery is on) I have been unable to map the drive to store the video. Can someone give me some advice on what I may be overlooking and how to proceed?

Thank you

Paul

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The basics are that you need to setup a username/password not the NAS, then create share and ensure that the user has access to the share. On the windows PC map a drive to the NAS share and when prompted enter the username/password that you used when creating the user.

Once you’ve that you can then setup BI to use that network share. I personally wouldn’t use the NAS as your direct storage that it writes the clips to as and this does depend on the NAS but it might not be able to cope with writing all the streams at the same time. If you really want to use it then have BI use it for Storage and move clips to it after a specific condition such as when the local storage is full or based on clip age.