System keeps rebooting...now multiple times a day...and I don't know where to begin...

wondering

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know how to navigate this or even where to start, but I am trying to figure out why my BI computer reboots multiple times per day so that I don't have to rebuild or replace the computer / OS on which BI runs. These three screenshots depict my ping logs (an external service pings the server every five minutes to let me know when it's down), Win10 Pro system logs, and Win10 Pro application logs. The latter two were found in the Event Viewer in Windows 10 Professional. Note that the ping logs showing only rare problems except for the past couple days.

If it matters, this is a 2016-built Dell Optiplex 7040 tower with i7-6700, 16GB RAM, SSD for boot, 8TB WD Purple drive for storage, no dedicated video card (I think), and it runs 24/7 except for these reboot periods. Win10 Pro. This system handles the 16 Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras like a champ. Very fast, not anywhere near 100% CPU usage. All except for two cams are full res but only about 10 - 12 fps.

Where do I even begin?

01 uptime log.jpg

02 list of system log items.jpg

03 list of application log items.jpg

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have a solution to your reboot problem but I can tell you that the ESENT and Dcom errors are not the source of your problem. I see those errors on several computers here and the errors do not cause crashing. Does the whole computer reboot or is it just BI restarting?

wondering

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have a solution to your reboot problem but I can tell you that the ESENT and Dcom errors are not the source of your problem. I see those errors on several computers here and the errors do not cause crashing. Does the whole computer reboot or is it just BI restarting?
The whole computer reboots :( Blue Iris does restart with the computer, though, so that's good.

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Several years ago I had a computer that would just reboot. Very random, but I was finally able to pin it down to a location on Google Maps. If I went to that location and moved the map around with the mouse the computer would reboot just as if I did a power cycle. Turned out it was the Intel video driver. Updating the driver sorted it. Good luck.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be a RAM issue. If you have two sticks of 8GB, pull one out and run the system with just one stick for a day or two and see if the reboots happen. If it keeps happening with just the one then swap out that stick with the other and test again.

sigsegv

n3wb
Reaction score
These sorts of things usually end up being a hardware issue. Whenever I see truly random computer behavior, I suspect the power supply first. Do you have any spare parts to start swapping? If not, this could be really frustrating to troubleshoot.