T180 trigger not working well at night

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First let me say I think I'm now so deep in the weeds that part of my problem is my brain is fried from overthinking.
Months ago, when I set my T180 up, I only set it up for triggering through the AI portion of the GUI and I set up BI to only trigger from ONVIF's from the T180.
Somewhere along the way, maybe I inadvertently changed a setting, the triggers for daytime work as expected.
I say that because I have two other Dahua cams facing the same street/sidewalk and use the AI setup in those.
However, on the T180, the night time triggers don't catch as nearly as many triggers as the other two cameras, so I figure something got changed by me accidently.
Some of the things the T180 is missing (at night) are obvious big things like cars.
Can anyone suggest some things for me to look at? I'm pretty sure it must have something to do with the day/night profile but I don't know where.
I also have motion detect turned off since I have tripwires set up instead.
Side question, if you set up tripwires or enter/exit areas under daytime profile, does that also work for night profiles or is there a way to set up different AI triggers for night profiles?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many have seen this camera struggles at night with triggers, especially those outside the middle third of the field of view. Ot needs enough light to "see" the vehicle and while we may be able to tell it is a vehicle, it can't.

The IVS works on all profiles UNLESS you specifically went into the schedule for IVS and changed it. Default is 24/7.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Many have seen this camera struggles at night with triggers, especially those outside the middle third of the field of view. Ot needs enough light to "see" the vehicle and while we may be able to tell it is a vehicle, it can't.

The IVS works on all profiles UNLESS you specifically went into the schedule for IVS and changed it. Default is 24/7.
Yeah I didn't change that, it's set to day 24/7 there.
Thing is that I thought I remembered the camera triggering right along with the other two, as expected at night, for months after I set it up. I'm sure now because I set up a group of 3 "front" cameras and would go into clips and see that each camera triggered so I know now it was working at one time.
I'll keep plugging away unless someone has something else to suggest.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did just now notice that under my AI/IVS rules, the time plan there was set to custom... I'm going to change that to full time to see if that makes a difference.
Though, I don't ever remember futzing with that particular setting.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you have the other cameras triggering this camera in BI?

I will find mine struggles with the darker Cars. The lighter ones will trigger more frequent. So it could have been the sample set of objects you were looking at.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's amazing how many things we change and don't remember lol

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, all 3 cameras are using their own AI that I set up to trigger BI to record.
BI does not have any triggering set up and is only passively recording when the camera sends the ONVIF trigger event.
I purposely set up these Dahuas because, in this case, I had better luck with the Dahua's tripwires, enter/exit zones, etc.