T5442-T-ZE varifocal setup question

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I finally setup the T5442-T-ZE varifocal cam in my side yard garden today. Something happened at some point though where it looks like it somehow zoomed in and I lost about a quarter of the view I had earlier. It doesnt act like its zoomed in when I use Blue Iris and try to zoom back out. in the attached pic this is what I see now...before I could see all the way down the side of my house but that whole area is cut out now....not sure if there is some setting different in this cam because its a varifocal? The other two cams I got are fixed so not sure if Im just missing something...

Attachments

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks @concord .... @Flintstone61 yes I see arrows pointing different directions depending on where I hover, if I hover over middle of screen it shows a minus sign, but I dont see how to do anything with any of those things in BI?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If you press and hold the mouse button when it's a - minus sign, it should zoom out. unless its zoomed out already. then try zooming in. with +

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
additionally, if you accidentally roll the mouse wheel, when it's over an image on the main "multi cam view" it software zooms the image. maybe your seeing that.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah not sure what happened...somehow the settings changed but I did change it back using the Dahua settings for zoom control that Concord posted about... I was still able to zoom in and out with blue iris using the scroll wheel but regardless the main focus was already zoomed in and had to be changed in the Dahua software... when I get the arrows or plus minus signs in BI holding the mouse button..left or right doesnt do anything for me...only the scroll wheel does anything and that just the digital zoom in and out

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
taking the user/pass of the new camera, and surfing to the Video tab/ click Configure/ enter the IP address of the Camera and its User/ Pass then hit Find inspect button, then hit done when it finishes.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah not sure what happened...somehow the settings changed but I did change it back using the Dahua settings for zoom control that Concord posted about... I was still able to zoom in and out with blue iris using the scroll wheel but regardless the main focus was already zoomed in and had to be changed in the Dahua software... when I get the arrows or plus minus signs in BI holding the mouse button..left or right doesnt do anything for me...only the scroll wheel does anything and that just the digital zoom in and out
It won't pan left or right, because the camera is not a PTZ.
It's best once you have the camera's zoom set to where you want it, to turn off PTZ in BI so you can't accidentally change it.
This cameras zoom abiltiy is designed to be set once, than leave it alone.