T5442T / AS Day & Night sensitivity / threshold

karlocikovic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I found some similar questions /threads in this forum but not a solution.. I have few T5442 cameras from Andy around my house. I use BI Day / Night scheduler for pushing my cameras to Day or Night mode based on sunrise /sunset, and that all works as it should. I have wall lightning on my house and with that turned on there is enough light to have good picture on 16ms exposure, but when camera was set to Auto - it goes to B/W mode. In settings there is Sensitivity but 99% of time none of that options turns my camera to Color when on Auto mode. I found out that High Sensitivity is the closest threshold what I want.

Does that camera have some internal Lux sensor?

Is there possibility to ask Andy / Wildcat to "extend" this scale through some firmware update from Low - Middle - High -> scale 1...10 so we can have even Higher sensitivity than now, so camera goes to B/W mode on even lower LUX or "ambient light" or how you would call it..

Please see attached pictures.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to keep it in color or B/W, then take it off auto and force it to the one you want.

karlocikovic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want to keep it in color or B/W, then take it off auto and force it to the one you want.
Yes, but if I force it to Color, and in the middle of the night I turn lights down, I will see all black. I don't want to have lights turned on all night.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, but if I force it to Color, and in the middle of the night I turn lights down, I will see all black. I don't want to have lights turned on all night.
I have been having this issue with the 5442 inside of my garage and in my kitchen. They will cycle back and forth between color and B/W because the criteria to be in either one isn't enough and it switches and then switches again. I don't want to force them to one or the other for the same reason: the lighting can vary during the day and one may be better than the other.