T5442T-ze focus issues

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My varifocal struggles to focus. It will be ok, then it will just not focus even if someone is standing in front of it where it should be fine
it is zoomed in to roughly 10 for the focal length.
When its happy, it does really well there at about 30-40ish feet or so.
Then for no apparent reason it looses its mind and is blurry.
i log into the cam and click the autofucus button and its fine again.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Likely its losing focus switching from night-->day or vice versa. Depending on your settings for both, the camera could be making the switch when its too dark for it to focus.

I just had a 5241-Z12 do that the other day because I hadn't changed the schedule for it to switch before sunset while there is plenty of light.

I run the "Schedule" profile which allows me to tell the camera when to make the Day/Night switch.

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Likely its losing focus switching from night-->day or vice versa. Depending on your settings for both, the camera could be making the switch when its too dark for it to focus.

I just had a 5241-Z12 do that the other day because I hadn't changed the schedule for it to switch before sunset while there is plenty of light.

I run the "Schedule" profile which allows me to tell the camera when to make the Day/Night switch.
thanks
i had it on auto switch i think. Let me look into that

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i changed it. Well see. Thanks for the help sir
my guess would be day to night, as that cam faces west and sees the sun until it drops over the mountains to the west. and its pretty dark by the time it vanishes, but it would have sun in its face even when stuff around it would have plenty of shade

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh the old V4 UI, yeah I have plenty of those. There it IS called the "Schedule" profile :lmao:

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh the old V4 UI, yeah I have plenty of those. There it IS called the "Schedule" profile :lmao:
should i update my shit?
ive just taken the cams out of the boxes and thrown them on my house...lol.
now that im up and running and according to the port checker here didnt open any ports with my barely a month old it skillz...hahaha
should i update software and shit on my cams?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No, I would wait, in many cases there is no new FW to upgrade to and may not be. Some of the newer models are coming with that V5 UI, but not all? Its model by model

Nothing wrong with the V3-V4 FW, and the best advice is not to update FW unless there's a specific problem it will fix and AFTER 50 other guys have done it successfully first ;)

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, I would wait, in many cases there is no new FW to upgrade to and may not be. Some of the newer models are coming with that V5 UI, but not all. Its model by model

Nothing wrong with the V3-V4 FW, and the best advice is not to update FW unless there's a specific problem it will fix and AFTER 50 other guys have done it successfully first ;)
has been my experience with a lot of efi shit too. Holley EFI "upgraded" to a clusterfuck...lol
so im always leery of any upgrade