Take picture with ISAPI

AlexisChiw

n3wb
Reaction score
Excuse me, I have a DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU camera, when I want to take a screenshot with this api: /ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102/picture it doesn't give me any problems. But that IP is local, I have doubts if the photo can be taken using the hikcentral API since hik central does have a public IP and I have my camera connected.

rug4096

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, API is for LAN use.
You should not expose your camera to the internet with port-forwarding, that is a bad idea.
Use the Platform-Access feature of your camera and connect to it with the HikConnect App?

1712345313646.png

AlexisChiw

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, API is for LAN use.
You should not expose your camera to the internet with port-forwarding, that is a bad idea.
Use the Platform-Access feature of your camera and connect to it with the HikConnect App?

View attachment 191566
I understand, but I need to take the screenshot through a web service and not from the HikConnect app, do you know if it is possible?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I understand, but I need to take the screenshot through a web service and not from the HikConnect app, do you know if it is possible?
Since you have webservice which is most liekely hosted somewhere witheither domain or static IP

ISUP, Device gateway. Your server needs an static IPand port forward, but camera does not.

1712485808150.png

1712485986199.png

This is packet representation, you do not need hik central. You just need API. Sign on tpp.hikvision.com and wait for approval, sign NDA and happy hunt!