Tenda IC7-PRS IP Cam recommendation to detect and record motion surveillence video

Reaction score
I bought a new IP cam because my old one died. It did not come with any software. I called Tenda tech support and got voicemail. I downloaded multiple softwares but couldn't figure out how to set it up using ANY of the numbers shown in the camera’s utility. The only software that I was able to use was Anycam which took about 20 minutes to go through some auto detection process and which did eventually connect my camera but doesn't offer motion detection with its free version. I was going to just buy a copy of Anycam but looking at the choices of versions; it has an activation limit and because I, on average, reload Windows once every 6 weeks I am looking for any other alternatives for my need to record motion. The main softwares tested is ContaCam, Agent, Security Eye, Perfect IP Camera Recorder and Netcam Studio X. I seen in Anycam that it had discovered multiple ports not listed in the Tenda's utility and so I tried to use the information shown in the screenshot on the other programs, without any changes. The app that I have that I used to use to detect my old IP, named app-find-vstarcam.exe, which I believe I got from my old IP cam’s installation disc used to show me the IP address my router assigned it and the port to use for contacam ver 7 but this app doesn’t work with this Tenda IP cam. I did assign an ip address in my router and I believe that the problem of why I can’t keep using my ContaCam ver7 is because of not begin able to enter the correct port number for “other …” as choice of camera to use with the new cam in Contacam for my need of motion detection. Any advice? I am a little wary using Tenda’s hardware recorder for this IP cam and await a response sent last week to know if the what looks like a 3.5” hdd as shown on Youube has to be specific, just like a NAS, or if any hard drive can be used; mainly because I have an 3.5 to 2.5 adapter I’ve been mean to use for ages but now I realize that how else I can get screwed is of only being able to use specific hard drives with the Tenda N6P-16H 16-Channel PoE HD Network Video Recorder. If I can find and use software for my need of one Tenda IC7-PRS, even if paid, that would be swell; to save space and ease of efforts to resolve my needs.

Attachments

Reaction score
I am impressed with Anycam customer service. I sent a query for information last night and received a response midday.

"The number of activations means the number of simultaneously running instances of the application on different PCs. The number of PC restarts does not reduce the number of activations."

And that's why I thought to send them a query, just in case what I interpreted as activation was the same as theirs.

If Tenda would provide instruction of how to attain the setup information for free available software I wouldn't have to make a purchase ... But i guess its more important to them to see their matching NVR more than making life easy for those not trying to protect a fortress.

Anycam sent me a key to test and it seems to work as needed, to have motion detection to prevent excessive wear on my good, precious Samsung ssd.

Hope that helps and if you have solved how to setup this cam that nearly every other app requires, other than Anycam, please post!