Test mode...

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just getting into Blue Iris (this is also my first post here... :rapture:). How about a TESTING mode?

Set the Blue Iris software in TEST mode, then take your tablet, or smart phone and hit-up the web interface (which is also in test mode). Start walking around your property, in front of your cameras. Test mode should show all cameras, and should show the status of each camera. Example: When you walk in front of one of the cameras, the interface should show you blue for movement, then red if it decides to trigger recording or not. This might help someone setup their settings for each camera. (As well, when in test mode, it doesn't need to actually record anything, but just show you the status on whether it's recording, or sensing movement, etc, etc).

What I've been doing, without this mode available, is RDP'ing into my Blue Iris box, and walking around the property on my Smart phone, while looking at the Blue Iris machine. This really helped me in setting things up, and adjusting settings. Without this.. I'd be sitting in front of the computer waiting for someone to walk by.......

Thoughts?