THANK YOU!

bay510

n3wb
Reaction score
I stumbled across this forum about 2 yrs ago, researching for a surveillance system for my property. I’ll admit, the more I read, the more overwhelmed I felt. I didn’t realize just how deep the rabbit hole goes for cameras/ setups. I was only exposed to what is readily available to the “general consumer” (read: What’s available at Costco/ Best Buy). Suffice to say at that time I needed something yesterday and it had to be wireless. Begrudgingly I went with an Arlo set up. .......I know, I know, I can see the disapproving looks/ shaking of heads/ gasps of horror from everyone here...........and everyone is right, that system is shite/ waste of money (although it did help me out of the situation for which I purchased it).

So now I kinda have the time to do it right. I went with Dahua cameras (2 to start with), 5231R-ZE, Dahua NVR 5216-4KS2, (Big Thank You to @empiretechandy. He’s responsive, professional, and he does take care of ipcamtalk members, even the super newb, like me! ). NETGEAR unmanaged switch. For me, now, it seems the easiest set up to go with. I know....there’s Blue Iris, managed switches, vlans..... I’ll get there..

I just want to thank everyone that has done the heavy lifting/ and is dedicated to this forum. @fenderman, @tangent, @mat200, @nayer, @TechBill, @looney2ns, @SouthernYankee.....(you guys have come up a lot in my research) there are a lot more of you folks, my list could just go on and on, sorry that I don’t list more. Also wanted to thank everyone that has asked a question here. This has helped my understanding of this topic immensely.

I appreciate you folks, look forward to learning more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've done a lot of reading.