Thanks to this group and a question

louyo

n3wb
Reaction score
Finished installing the 11 cameras and BI 5.0. Running well, all cameras record continuous during business hours and triggered at night. CPU is running under 30% with 2 web client instances running. Goes up a little if I open the console via TightVNC from remote. This on a 5 year old Optiplex I7-3770 (I think). Will probably replace with newer system.
More tweeking to do on outdoor cameras, false alerts from headlights and shadows from vehicles as the block/unblock the sun in the evening. Probably have to live with most of them. Also need to convert an outdoor camera to corridor (or whatever it is called). Site is 50 miles away, so making list for next trip down there.
Question: I want to allow triggered, on 3 cameras, during continuous operation. Presently just have motion detection checked. Is it better to do "Triggered and continuous" on the Record page? Make a difference?
Thank you for all the great info on the site and to the folks who recorded the tutorials. Those of you who answered all our newbie questions are greatly appreciated.