The Best Outdoor (Wireless or PoE) PTZ Camera

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm looking to upgrade my legacy outdoor PTZ camera and am really finding it a somewhat arduous process. I'm looking for a reliable outdoor wireless or PoE (I'm good with either) PTZ camera, 1080p or 4K, good zoom, and solid software. I've tried two or three models from various vendors, but I've mostly found that the mobile apps are straight garbage. It'd be nice if I can access via a web browser as well as an app, but if the app has FULL functionality (i.e. access to ALL settings), I'll be satisfied with just the app. Any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wireless and cameras do not go together...

You need power for the camera anyway, so if you cannot run an ethernet cable, then use a powerline adaptor or nanostation.

Next thing is do not buy into 4K hype. As of right now, It is simple LOL - do not buy a 4MP camera that is anything other than a 1/1.8" sensor. Do not buy a 2MP camera that is anything other than a 1/2.8" sensor. Most 4k are on the same sensor as a 2MP and thus the 2MP will kick its butt all night long as the 4k will need 4 times the light than the 2MP...this is even more critical with a PTZ that will be PTZing across a wide range of differing light conditions at night.

What is your budget and which models have you tried?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score