The danger of texting while driving ...

Reaction score
This is not my video, but was recorded last week by my neighbor's Nest camera one block over.

crash-lindenave-mar2019

The driver was (you guessed it) reading a text message on his phone. He had only minor injuries, although the police and paramedics had to roll his car back over to get him out.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm guessing they didn't attempt a hit & run...

Reaction score
I'm guessing they didn't attempt a hit & run...
Unfortunately, driving off after sideswiping a car is all too common in my neighborhood. Most of the homes are nearly a century old, without garages or carports, so street parking is the norm.

My car was sideswiped to the tune of about $4500 last year, which motivated me to put up my LPR cameras. I do wonder what this guy would have done if his car hadn't flipped. My neighbor across the street had his bumper smashed in a drive-off by a guy in a brand-new Mercedes (fortunately I was able to identify him), so income is definitely no indicator of responsible behavior.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Unfortunately, driving off after sideswiping a car is all too common in my neighborhood. Most of the homes are nearly a century old, without garages or carports, so street parking is the norm.

My car was sideswiped to the tune of about $4500 last year, which motivated me to put up my LPR cameras. I do wonder what this guy would have done if his car hadn't flipped. My neighbor across the street had his bumper smashed in a drive-off by a guy in a brand-new Mercedes (fortunately I was able to identify him), so income is definitely no indicator of responsible behavior.
Exactly. Most people suck... horribly. It's why I prefer the company of animals over humans. I've been the victim of parking lot hit & runs three times in my lifetime. Never has anyone left a note.