The Popular Family Safety App Life360 Is Selling Precise Location Data on Its Tens of Millions of Users

Reaction score
Yet again...another cloud based program just so happens to sell your personal identity and location for profit.
Families would probably not like the slogan, ‘You can watch where your kids are, and so can anyone who buys this information,’
Justin Sherman, Duke Tech Policy Lab fellow

This, amongst other reasons, is why I chose Blue Iris as my VMS software. No cloud relationships at all, all local.
This, amongst other reasons, is why I chose Dahua cameras. All are blocked from the internet, no P2P (Dahua cloud servers). All local recordings.
This, amongst other reasons, is why I am using 1.1.1.1 for DNS instead of 8.8.8.8 (Google). Starting to scooch away from Google all together, slowly. 1.1.1.1 for starters, at least :)
Sure, I still use Facebook (1 post per yearly quarter). Sure, I still use POF (hay...I am a bachelor so....!).
Maybe one day, I'll research what personal info is possible to be removed from the internet and go that route.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And like the Facebook incident, the general public won't bat an eye about this. The same people that use Ring and Nest cameras for the convenience factor with total disregard to the security aspects.

This doesn't surprise me though.

It is why I am old school and force stop every app on my phone when I am not using it and turn off data when out and about.

Reaction score
And like the Facebook incident, the general public won't bat an eye about this. The same people that use Ring and Nest cameras for the convenience factor with total disregard to the security aspects.

This doesn't surprise me though.

It is why I am old school and force stop every app on my phone when I am not using it and turn off data when out and about.
Sadly...for 50 years of my life, I didn't much care about my personal information. Now at 52, I am becoming increasingly alarmed. I do wonder...is it an age thing? Or am I becoming wiser? :)