these Colour 4K-T cameras amaze me all the time

wozzzzza

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
exactly the same area lighting, same time, if you go look down the back of this pool area from where the camera is it is pitch dark you can hardly see a thing.
i thought the 5442 was pretty good, didnt think the colour 4k-T could match the view in the dark, but i tried it and it out performs the 5442 for image clarity in all ways even motion is clearer
this is without the cameras light on as well.

Attachments

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
exactly the same area lighting, same time, if you go look down the back of this pool area from where the camera is it is pitch dark you can hardly see a thing.
i thought the 5442 was pretty good, didnt think the colour 4k-T could match the view in the dark, but i tried it and it out performs the 5442 for image clarity in all ways even motion is clearer
this is without the cameras light on as well.
These are static images.
Try to record a person walking and you will see blur, unless you have sufficient light.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try to record a person walking and you will see blur, unless you have sufficient light.
I think you may have missed the point of his comparison, including his statement "....it out performs the 5442 for image clarity in all ways even motion is clearer."

If the cameras have identical settings and are looking at the same environment regarding lighting, then apples are being compared to apples, which is a fair and logical comparison. He did not imply or say that either camera would not blur under those conditions if motion was introduced. :cool:

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I once comapred the two cameras at night, where only street lights are available.
In my case 5442 out performed the 4K-T.
But maybe I don't remember correctly.

Reaction score
this is old 5442 from 2019 which used III gen ISP processor (aka StarLight+ one).
Color4K is from 2021 and used IV gen ISP processor (aka Full Color one).
new 5442-S3 from 2023 is using V generation of ISP processor (Dahua calls it AI-ISP).

there are huge differences how image is processed by different ISP (image signal processor) generations in Dahua cams..

IV generations started to use non stop enabled HDR technology (mini WDR) and it bright-en up dark areas a lot (at a cost of digital noise).
V generation started to use trained AI models to do some parts of image processing..

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so if i got a new 5442 it would be better than the old 5442?
Yes. It is basically a new camera. Probably could have made it a different model but kept with the popular series.