Thought I got tricky with zone crossing...cars got trickier

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After setting up zone crossing (simple - A-B, with A being road/sidewalk and B being my yard/driveway, I couldn't understand why I was getting so many motion detections...until I ran it through the "test run video through motion detector" and saw exactly when it triggered. Can you spot it? I'm sure this will be easy for the experienced. Made me laugh when I figured it out.

Any ideas on how to fight this aberration?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If the red SUV is usually parked in the same place mask out the left side windows.

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume the reflection in the window of your parked car...
Yes. I know, fairly obvious once you see it. But, it didn't make any sense seeing all the alerts on my ios app without a thorough review. Made me laugh once I did. Like - "you bastard BI...you won that round" :clap:

If the red SUV is usually parked in the same place mask out the left side windows.
Like the black filter that you would use so the camera doesn't record your neighbors house?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Back your cars into the driveway

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like the black filter that you would use so the camera doesn't record your neighbors house?
I think @anijet may be referring to your zone drawing for the car area, don't include the window in the zone. I assume it doesn't happen at night, if so maybe there's away to switch zones from A-B to A-C for night where includes that area, if possible with your camera brand.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My neighbors PTZ was doing that and going nuts spinning around until he realized it was the reflections in his car window crossing his IVS trip wires LOL.

n2qew

n3wb
Reaction score
After setting up zone crossing (simple - A-B, with A being road/sidewalk and B being my yard/driveway, I couldn't understand why I was getting so many motion detections...until I ran it through the "test run video through motion detector" and saw exactly when it triggered. Can you spot it? I'm sure this will be easy for the experienced. Made me laugh when I figured it out.

Any ideas on how to fight this aberration?
Try a circular polarizing filter on the camera. Rotate until reflection gone. Simple, free - maybe hard to get right now - source is is 3D glasses from the movies. You'll need to have the "outside" that is the side that normally faces the screen towards the camera. Try looking "backwards" through one lens and rotate. The reflection will completely disappear at some angle.