Time Lapse Recording

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I've set it to post a JPG image each 900 seconds, about 48 images per daytime, 17500 images/year. Let's see how a timelapse of it will be!

Phlerb

n3wb
Reaction score
I would use the schedule to be Relative to Sunrise and Sunset, so you don't have to keep adjusting the start stop times as the days grow longer. Other than that, it looks good! Let me know if you have any issues with ffmpeg or automating it if you want that.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was already set for Relative to sunrise/sunset, despite the image not showing it.

Also I've already suggested Ken to implement a better approach of Time Lapses using BI features.

So, let the Time Lapses begin!

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would use the schedule to be Relative to Sunrise and Sunset, so you don't have to keep adjusting the start stop times as the days grow longer.
Not to derail the thread, but how is the Sunrise and Sunset parameters set in BI? I can't see any related settings options and currently my sunrise in BI is usually about 12:50AM :D

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...almost one year later, I would like to check with you guys what's today's recommended method to join images to make a time lapse video. Images were taken only daytime, at intervals of 15 minutes.

Is there a method to make transitions "smooth" and more fluid?

Phlerb

n3wb
Reaction score
I eneded up buying a copy of SebTec IPTimelapse as it did what I needed easier than doing it via batch files....I was having issues with saved names not being correct in the files, and then the creation of the mp4 would fail...

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score