Time Line Clip viewing not working for me

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BI: 4.0.0.10 x64
2 cameras

When I double tap the timeline just to the left of a blue section, I get two camera windows displayed above TimeLine. However both are blank. As the Timeline red marker moves left to right and it leaves the blue section, I will get a brief static view from CAmera 1, then back to blank.

I have tried deleting the .dat files in DB folder and allowing BI to rebuild them. That did not help.
In case its relevant, I should mention that I turned off "Create an Alert Image when triggered" a long time ago in a previous version.

Its possible I am misunderstanding how a double tap of Timeline is supposed to work. What I expected was to see Clips of any cameras that recorded during the "blue marked" section of the TimeLine. So if only one camera was triggered, I would see one clip, or if both were triggered, both clips would display. I only see two blank screens with brief flash of a static image on one camera just as the red marker line leaves a blue section.

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Further experimentation has revealed to me that clips triggered using the Bi interface of "Start Manual Recording" work great from a double tap in the time line. Clips created from Motion Trigger, do not.

What might be different between Manual vs Motion Triggered clips?

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Blue Iris support took a look at a couple of my recorded clips and determined the issue.
Release: 4.0.0.17 x64 fixed this for me.

Big thanks to Ken.