Timeline Empty

DH88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New user here. I've recently started using BI to replace an ebay special DVR.

I've managed to setup my 6 cameras successfully and have 3 of them recording continuously (the other 3 are just for keeping and eye on my hedgehog hideout and bird houses so no recording necessary)

One thing I have noticed is that if I manually record something with one of my nature cams i get a blue bar on the timeline for the time of the recording.
The continuous recording of my other cameras doesn't put anything into the timeline, its just black.

I do get recordings from all of the cameras, they are all present on the left bar and can be played back fine.

After doing some experimenting I think I have found the reason:

My nature cams were pretty much setup with default values, just without recording & trigger.
For my 3 recording cams, i changed the folder setup for the recordings away from the default setup. If i change this back to default then i start to get blue bar in the timeline.

So it seems to me that BI cannot handle the timeline when recordings are not stored in the default folder setup.

I tried to clear the database and rebuild, but that did not make any difference.

Is this a known bug or something i just have to deal with?

Thanks for any help someone can give :)