Tiny Cam Issue adding a camera

Msexton

n3wb
Reaction score
I just finished setting up my network, im running 5 cameras thru a ddns and port forwarding from my router. my issue is that 1 of the 5 cameras will not display a feed through the app. all other cameras i have no problem with. i can access this camera via a PC or even through the app when i am connected to my network and use the specific cameras IP address just will not connect when using the ddns.
i tried clearing the cache of the app and reinstalling it.
would there be any reason i cannot get this camera to display through the app?

Thanks

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
My 2$c bet: your fifth camera is already hacked by 2.000 scriptkiddies and are installing botnets on it to trigger a world wide web attack!

Just kidding, but there is a reason why on all this place, everybody states the same: NO PORT FORWARDING. EVER. This is asking for trouble. Especially in 2020, everybody should (re)consider networking security. Start with a VPN server (on your router, raspberry pi, ... ) and work from there. There is ab-so-lu-te-ly no excuse for opening any port to the internetz.

Good luck!
CC

PS. does the fifth camera work when you enter the LAN ip address? If not, then that camera needs a factory reset. Or a hammer. Or both.

Msexton

n3wb
Reaction score
My 2$c bet: your fifth camera is already hacked by 2.000 scriptkiddies and are installing botnets on it to trigger a world wide web attack!

Just kidding, but there is a reason why on all this place, everybody states the same: NO PORT FORWARDING. EVER. This is asking for trouble. Especially in 2020, everybody should (re)consider networking security. Start with a VPN server (on your router, raspberry pi, ... ) and work from there. There is ab-so-lu-te-ly no excuse for opening any port to the internetz.

Good luck!
CC

PS. does the fifth camera work when you enter the LAN ip address? If not, then that camera needs a factory reset. Or a hammer. Or both.
Correct, if i use the cameras IP address it works just fine, but defeats the purpose since i then need to be on my wifi to view it.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct, if i use the cameras IP address it works just fine, but defeats the purpose since i then need to be on my wifi to view it.
Then I'm pretty sure you messed up the port forwarding somewhere.

But like I wrote before, port forwarding is not the way forward!

Msexton

n3wb
Reaction score
Then I'm pretty sure you messed up the port forwarding somewhere.

But like I wrote before, port forwarding is not the way forward!
But if the port forwarding was messed up i wouldn't be able to access the camera from outside the network correct? which i can using other apps than TinyCam. ie, IP Camera Viewer