TinyCam Pro - Feed very slow

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello all

I have recently added TinyCam Pro to my Fire stick in order to view my cams on my TV in the family room. However, I asked one of the family to walk outside past the cam, and I viewed from the Dahua Android App, and also from the TV. The TV skipped a lot of frames, whereas the Dahua app was almost perfect with little lag.

Any ideas what the source of this problem might be?

On the other hand, the Dahua app seems far from perfect too. When outside my LAN on cell network, the feed is similar to what I described in the case of TinyCam Pro above; skipps lots of frames and lags behind real-time.

Any ideas of the reasons for my problems with the TinyCam (while on the LAN),
and the Dahua App (while outside the LAN)?

Many thanks

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perhaps the fire stick isn't fast (powerful) enough...? Try TinyCam Pro on your phone when connected to the home wifi.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hello all

I have recently added TinyCam Pro to my Fire stick in order to view my cams on my TV in the family room. However, I asked one of the family to walk outside past the cam, and I viewed from the Dahua Android App, and also from the TV. The TV skipped a lot of frames, whereas the Dahua app was almost perfect with little lag.

Any ideas what the source of this problem might be?

On the other hand, the Dahua app seems far from perfect too. When outside my LAN on cell network, the feed is similar to what I described in the case of TinyCam Pro above; skipps lots of frames and lags behind real-time.

Any ideas of the reasons for my problems with the TinyCam (while on the LAN),
and the Dahua App (while outside the LAN)?

Many thanks
You may have the cams set to too high of bit rates for the fire to handle.