TIOC 2.0 As a sensor light?

heatedwire

n3wb
Reaction score
Hoping somebody on here can help me.

I purchased some TIOC 2.0 cameras for multiple purposes. I wanted the extra security, and thought I would be able to configure them turn on the white light when I come near my front door to provide some lighting to see what I am doing.
Apparently intelligent mode automatic feels as though there is enough ambient light though.

Is there a way to set these cameras to turn on white light with all motion for a period of time?
I can configure to stay on all night but it seems like overkill.

Thanks in advance

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hoping somebody on here can help me.

I purchased some TIOC 2.0 cameras for multiple purposes. I wanted the extra security, and thought I would be able to configure them turn on the white light when I come near my front door to provide some lighting to see what I am doing.
Apparently intelligent mode automatic feels as though there is enough ambient light though.

Is there a way to set these cameras to turn on white light with all motion for a period of time?
I can configure to stay on all night but it seems like overkill.

Thanks in advance
I solved it on my TIOC camera by adjusting it in the settings as in the pictures below.
So the white light is turned on exclusively at night and only when a movement (person or vehicle) is registered, and the duration of the light is 30 seconds.

1.Full Time.jpg2.Day & Night.jpg3.Illuminator.jpg

Last edited:

heatedwire

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved it on my TIOC camera by adjusting it in the settings as in the pictures below.
So the white light is turned on exclusively at night and only when a movement (person or vehicle) is registered, and the duration of the light is 30 seconds.

View attachment 131771View attachment 131772View attachment 131773
Thanks.
I've got these settings selected, however unfortunately there must be enough light from the street for the cameras to not require 'smart illumination'. For me though, I still can't see my front door lock when I come home.

I guess I was hoping there was a way to set the white illumination as the actual 'alarm', then set this to tripwire - but it seems like it's not possible which is pretty disappointing. My workaround is probably going to be just to leave the light on all night which is pretty excessive.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A piece of electricians tape partially blocking the light sensor on the camera will cure your problem. It may take a little experimentation to get it just right but it should be doable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are your camera settings - are they on auto/default for things like exposure/shutter, brightness, gain, etc.? If so, taking it off auto will probably then result in accomplishing what you want.

With auto settings, it will slow the shutter way down and make the image bright, but you will get motion blur.

Change the shutter to manual with a shutter of 1/60 or 1/120 with a gain of 50 and I bet it won't say you have enough light then. The faster the shutter, the more light is needed.

With the active deterrence model IPC-T5241H-AS-PV you can accomplish what you are looking for to do as well.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A piece of electricians tape partially blocking the light sensor on the camera will cure your problem. It may take a little experimentation to get it just right but it should be doable.
The only problem with covering the light sensor is that the white light will then turn on in daylight.
As you said, maybe he should experiment a little and not cover the whole sensor, but partially ... ;)

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks.
I've got these settings selected, however unfortunately there must be enough light from the street for the cameras to not require 'smart illumination'. For me though, I still can't see my front door lock when I come home.

I guess I was hoping there was a way to set the white illumination as the actual 'alarm', then set this to tripwire - but it seems like it's not possible which is pretty disappointing. My workaround is probably going to be just to leave the light on all night which is pretty excessive.
If you went non TiOC camera with White Light, thats how alarm linkage to events work. I have a TiOC 2.0 myself. With Smart Illumination on, my challenge is people across the street still trigger the white light, this is because the Smart Illumination uses the motion region to trigger the white light. I dont want to mask those areas out as I still want to record these events.