TiOC 2 smart illuminator

JeffCS

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I know the answer but don't have a TiOC handy to test. If I disable Smart Motion on a TiOC, that doesn't stop the smart illuminator functionality working. Is that correct (I think it is) but just need a second opinion!

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
it may help, check this previous post.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I have used it, I only found it to work on detection of Human. Not sure why you need to turn SMD off?

JeffCS

n3wb
Reaction score
When I have used it, I only found it to work on detection of Human. Not sure why you need to turn SMD off?
I prefer to use IVS rules for detection purposes and they seem to work well for both human and vehicle detection based on my experience. I therefore would generally turn off SMD (and MD), but curious as to what effect that has on Smart Illuminator.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can use both at the same time. You dont necessarily need to be alerted for SMD. Just use it as your light trigger and have alerts for IVS.

Ive not tested it in ages. But i had people all the way across the street turn on my light from SMD. I want to capture those events but i dont want to get alerted or tuen on my light. Luckily i have plenty of street light so i use SMD for record and just get notified when someone enters garden