Took a chance...

LV-426

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

A few weeks ago I started this thread "Where to buy" to find out were I could get some 2032 Hikvision bullet cams. Well I took the plunge and purchased one from CCTV Camera China since the feedback was numerous and positive. Long story short, I received it and plugged it into my Hikvision NVR. I set it to Event and drew out the motion detection area. When I waved my hand in the detection area, the picture freezes for about 2 seconds. The alarm and recording icon appear and the camera continues to record. When motion stops, the icons go away and the picture freezes again for about 2 seconds. I also noticed that the picture will flash intermittently and the on screen text (date & cam number) disappear briefly. It's behaving as though it is rebooting every few minutes. Lastly I did a side by side comparison with exact same model that I purchased from somewhere else and noticed that the picture on the new cam lags a little and isn't as smooth.

I did make sure that the new cam had the same settings as the previous ones. The only difference is that the new cam came with firmware 5.2.5. My other cams are at 5.2.0.

I thought I hit a gold mine with these prices. I would hate to think that I will have to go back to paying higher prices for compatibilty.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice?

Thanks