TP-Link Tapo C520WS camera

BruceWA

n3wb
Reaction score
My Blue Iris PC CRASHED recently and I have had to completely rebuild it. And somehow I had lost all my backup blue Iris.reg files, except for some from 7 months ago, which was before I had the Tapo C520ws. And I did have it installed and working on my Blue Iris at the time of the failure.
But no mater what I try it just will not run in Blue Iris. I know the username and password are set in the Tapo App.
Annoyingly another Tapo camera which is a different model was restored with my .reg file but even with the same setting I just cannot get the C520ws to work in Blue Iris. No signal. Odd thing is on the front page of the camera page it displays main stream and sub stream as working. But no signal shown.
Anyone have a C520ws working, if so what is your setup?
any ideas gratefully received.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is how I got the Tapo C-110 to work with my Blue Iris; I'd delete the existing Tapo camera and re-add as a "new" camera. Since the cam operates in DHCP only I'd also insure I didn't have the IP reserved in the router for the camera until AFTER it's re-added and working.

How to stream RSTP from TP-LINK Tapo C110 camera to Blue Iris or VLC

1. Install the Tapo app on your phone, open it and power up the Tapo cam. Refer to the included instructions if needed.
2. Configure your phone to locate and log onto the Wi-Fi SSID being broadcast by the Tapo, no password needed.
3. When logged into cam's broadcast, follow prompts in the app to get the cam logged onto your location's Wi-Fi.
4. Once the cam is on your location's Wi-Fi, change your phone back to your location's Wi-Fi as well.
5. When ready, in the app select the "+" sign to "Add Your Device".
6. Select "Cameras" on the left, then select "Tapo C110". Do NOT select the C100.
7. Go to the "Home" screen and click on the icon for the cam.
8. When the cam's live view comes up, you can then proceed to the next step.

Create a camera account in the Tapo app

1. On the home page, tap on your camera model card or tap "Camera Preview" => "Manage" to go to the "Live View" page.
2. On the "Live View" page, tap the gear icon to enter the "Camera Settings" page.
3. Tap "Advanced Settings", then select "Camera Account" to create an account (username and password) for camera login for use with Blue Iris and/or VLC.

Find the cam's LAN IP address

1. Log into your router's webGUI and look up in the LAN settings under DHCP the devices that are online. Look for a device named "c110_" and then the last 6 digits of the cam's MAC address which can be found on the bottom of the cam's stand. It will be similar to "c110_54b7f4".
2. Note or write down that device's IP address.
3. While still in that router's webGUI for the LAN DHCP settings, reserve that IP that was assigned by the router's DHCP server to the cam. That will be the IP address you use in Blue Iris or VLC.

To view in Blue Iris

1. Create a new camera, refer to the image below for the following steps.
2. Go to "Camera settings" => "Video" tab => "configure"
3. Type in camera's IP address, username and password (sub your correct info for my info, it's the user/pass you created above in step 3 in the Tapo app's "Camera Account").
4. For "Make" select "Generic/ONVIF"
5. For "Model" select "*RTSP/H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4"
6. Enter "/stream1" in the "Main" stream profile and "/stream2" in the "Sub" stream profile.
7. Click on "OK".

You may have to remove power from the cam, count to 10 then re-apply power for it to incorporate the changes to its stream and account settings. If all info is correct, camera should be displayed.

Tapo_C110_config1.jpg