Triax NVR dead can i use the cameras elsewhere?

Reaction score
I recently had my triax nvr taken out by a lightening strike. I have 8 bullet cameras. I can browse to them on the network but I'm not sure of the username and password I may have setup.
Does anyone know if these can get used on another nvr? They are 4 megapixel TBF 4IP cameras. I've setup blue iris on a mini pc so was hoping to run them off there.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You will need to know what the username and PW is for the cameras in order for the new NVR to see them.

If not, then you will need to reset the cameras and setup a new username and PW.

Reaction score
You will need to know what the username and PW is for the cameras in order for the new NVR to see them.

If not, then you will need to reset the cameras and setup a new username and PW.
Problem is I think you reset them from the nvr as there's no reset hole on them.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Problem is I think you reset them from the nvr as there's no reset hole on them.
Strange...the specs here on page 20 say "Support reset Button IR Array"...not sure what that means, though.
Maybe a pin hole for a paper clip in the front lens somewhere in middle of the array of IR LED's? I've never heard of or seen such, wouldn't think it would be a good place for even a tiny hole. :idk:

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Strange...the specs here on page 20 say "Support reset Button IR Array"...not sure what that means, though.
Maybe a pin hole for a paper clip in the front lens somewhere in middle of the array of IR LED's? I've never heard of or seen such, wouldn't think it would be a good place for even a tiny hole. :idk:

It should be a rebranded Honeywell, so its reset button is accesible from a hole in the ir-LED ring circuit board.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But do you really need to reset them?

Because all you would have to do is throw them on a POE switch and static a pc to the same network (if known, but there is a method to do this if you don't know the first 3 sets of numbers in the ip address) , and run a MAC address scanner like Colasoft MAC Scanner. If the manufacturer don't have a camera discovery app.