Trouble with 5231R-Z's, Smart PSS and PC-NVR

MNDude

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Need some major assistance here as I'm totally stumped. I bought some 5231R-Z, installed and IVS detection/record works great. So great, I talked my neighbor into a similar setup and so he purchased 4 of them. Since then I did upgrade to a DVR so I'm not using PC-NVR anymore and going off memory and similiarities.

The problem is that when the camera detects an event, the bar in playback stay's green, it doesn't mark it for an IVS detection event.

playback.JPG

I've reset the cameras to default I don't know how many times, uninstalled and reinstalled SmartPSS and PC-NVR just as many times and it just will not mark the playback where an event occurred. I even went and grabbed one of my cameras and set it up at his house with the same problem...so 5 cameras (one known good one) displaying the same problem. Has to be a setting right? I've changed so many settings, I don't even remember them all. I'm going to post a few screenies of the settings below so you can all see, and hopefully advise.

Camera firmware: 2.622 18R
Smart PSS: 2.02
PC-NVR: 3.0

Below screenies are from in SmartPSS/PC-NVR
SmartPSS Devices.JPG PC-NVR Record.JPG RecordSchedule via PSS.JPG DeviceConfig via PSS.JPG IntelegentAnalyse via PSS.JPG

Below Screenies are from the camera web interface:

CameraEvent.JPG CameraSmartPlan.JPG CameraIVS.JPG CameraStorage.JPG

Assistance greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not certain but you may need to turn OFF Smart codec. I dont see IVS recording in your schedule....

Schedule-Record.jpg

Last edited:

MNDude

n3wb
Reaction score
On the cameras, IVS isn't an option on the recording schedule. It is however in the PC-NVR recording schedule which it is turned on...(second thumbnail under "Below screenies are from in SmartPSS/PC-NVR" heading)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I see that, but its not activated on the "Schedule Tab" the 3rd screencap

My image is from the NVR directly via the NVR web interface. I dont trust SmartPSS for all settings....

MNDude

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks bigredfish, however I don't believe were talking apples to apples.

On the cameras themselves, there is no way to set the recording schedule for IVS.
camera schedule.PNG
The only way to set the camera to record IVS is within Event > IVS
Camera IVS record.PNG

Within the NVR, the recording schedule has IVS set to record (as seen by the orange lines)
NVR Record settings.PNG

One thing to note is that the 'General' is checked. If you check IVS and close out, reopen, it goes back to general being checked. This shouldn't matter as it works just fine at my house...Neighbors...not so much.

Thanks again....
1 very frustrated MNDude.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using the exact same Version of SmartPSS at your neighbors as you have at home?
Same cam firmware in his cam as yours?

MNDude

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey looney. Yes, same camera firmware and smartpss.
Since its 4 cameras doing the same thing, i highly doubt its an equipment issue. Thats what blows my mind.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Seems the IVS not set up successful, camera only have hardware problem such as out off focus, not power on. I think can try doing a hardest on the camera and make a new setting again and check it. @Cameraguy do you have any idea?

Panopticon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
MNDude - Did this IVS orange marks missing from Smart PSS Timeline problem ever get fixed? What did you do in the end?

Not certain but you may need to turn OFF Smart codec. I dont see IVS recording in your schedule....

View attachment 29173
bigredfish - Could you share which model of camera your screenshot came from and what version of firmware it was running when that screenshot was taken?

Panopticon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So that is what MNDude meant about
however I don't believe were talking apples to apples.
regarding
That’s from the NVR not a camera....
That now adds up.

bigredfish - In that case do your cameras have Orange IVS settings in this screen referred to by MNDude
On the cameras themselves, there is no way to set the recording schedule for IVS.
Out of curiosity bigredfish which model/firmware cameras are you using that supply IVS outputs to your NVR - if you would like to also share your NVR model and firmware information that would be great.