Trying to add qvis cameras to hikvision nvr

markcw

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm plugging my qvis camera directly into my router with a 12v power supply as well, I'm finding my qvis camera on my network but when I go to the camera's Web portal and press live view I can't see any picture it's just displaying the attached pic, is there any settings Ithat need to change. I've downloaded the plug-in and installed it but still the same.
Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try IE11 or Palemoon 32 bit browser instead.

Is this the same POE NVR you asked about below?

Are the camera's POE-powered and ONVIF compliant?

What was the outcome of my suggestion here?

markcw

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the camera's are poe powered and onvif I'm struggling to change the camera's ip address I've followed loads of YouTube videos.
Just wondering if it has anything to do with me not being able to see the live view of the qvis camera on the web portal

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the NVR is POE then the POE cams should be powered by the NVR and the NVR will provide the cam's with their IP's from the NVR's internal, virtual server.

Last edited:

markcw

n3wb
Reaction score
If the NVR is POE then the POE cams should be powered by the NVR and the BVR will provide the cam's with their IP's from the NVR's internal, virtual server.
So should I just plug the camera into the nvr and configure it on the dvr ???

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, let the NVR assign the camera an IP and via the NVR you should be able to log into the cam's webGUI to configure the cam's video, alarm, motion, etc. settings.

markcw

n3wb
Reaction score
Did the NVR assign that IP to the cam of 192.168.68.123 ?
At the top where it says "Adding method" and "manual" is selected is there a "Auto" mode?

I'm not a NVR guy (I use Blue Iris VMS on a PC) so to be honest I'm not helping you as much.
No that ip address is what it was on my network, there is both plug and play and a manual mode

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No that ip address is what it was on my network, there is both plug and play and a manual mode
Use plug and play mode and let the NVR assign the IP address to the cam.
I'd unplug the cam, set NVR to Plug and Play, save it, plug the cam in and give it a couple of minutes to find the cam and assign an IP to it.

markcw

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd unplug the cam, set NVR to Plug and Play, save it, plug the cam in and give it a couple of minutes to find the cam and assign an IP to it.
There's an ip address already assigned to each channel on the nvr, I've change the ip address of the camera
Tried that and the nvr still won't find the camera's

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry but I think I've exhausted my limited abilities with this. Hopefully someone else can help you and I hope I haven't wasted your time! :idk: