Trying to configure a Point-to-Point Link (Layer 2, Transparent Bridge)

TheE

Pulling my weight
Dec 8, 2018
TX
Happy Friday, everyone!

I have two NanoStation AC locos I'm trying to configure as this guide:
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but what I see within the NanoStation dashboards does not match the guide - like the WDS from the guide, I am not seeing this setting. This is what I have so far; can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 11.47.47.png

The radio at the source (Internet, NVR, etc,) is set to "Access Point" mode in AC devices and is 192.168.1.2 in the guide.

The radio at the destination (cameras, etc.) is NOT set to "Access Point" mode in AC devices (set to "Station" mode in older "M" generation devices) and is 192.168.1.3 in the guide.

what I see within the NanoStation dashboards does not match the guide - like the WDS from the guide, I am not seeing this setting.
This is likely because you're seeing the info in the right hand side for "M" devices. Note that the guide has a slide bar so that the window to the left is for "AC" devices like yours and the window to the right is for older "M" devices.

The link you provided has all the info you need to make it work if you follow it step-by-step. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: looney2ns
Below is configuration for older "M" devices; just modify for "AC' devices like yours. The biggest change in configuration is the second radio below with IP of .202 at the destination has "Access Point" disabled which makes it operate as "Station" as named in the "M" device.

Ubiquiti_layer2_bridge-cams.jpg

Reactions: looney2ns
Thank you for this, @TonyR!

Quick question to see if it matters.... I have a dual NIC server. Cameras are separated on 192.168.55.XX. So, should I have the radio's static IPs on the same separated network as the cameras (192.168.55.XX)?

Thank you for this, @TonyR!

Quick question to see if it matters.... I have a dual NIC server. Cameras are separated on 192.168.55.XX. So, should I have the radio's static IPs on the same separated network as the cameras (192.168.55.XX)?
That would be preferred, IMO.
That way you could log into the camera webGUI's as well as the radio webGUI's using the same subnet addresses.
If you can bring up the webGUI in the radio at the destination (the radio in non-AP mode in "AC" devices or "station" mode in older "M" devices) then your link is good.

Reactions: looney2ns and TheE
I wanted to come back and thank y'all for your time and help! Got everything set up and working correctly. :thumb:

Reactions: TonyR