Trying to connect a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU camera to a Dahua NVR4108HS-8P-AI/ANZ login return time is up

Reaction score
Recently purchased a Dahua NVR4108HS-8P-AI/ANZ as I wanted an 8 channel NVR and previously had a Watchguard 4 channel NVR (I believe Watchguard and VIP are rebranded Dahuas in Australia). I was gifted a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU a few months back from my neighbour ( I know, I know, don't mix camera brands) and managed to get it working with my watchguard 4 channel NVR using the ONVIF protocol. I've got all the cameras working (which are mainly dahua) with the 8 channel NVR except for the Hikvision.

I keep getting a red status icon in the list of cameras in the Dahua Web service page for that camera. It does show up on the list but when I try view it on my monitor, it says 'the login return time is up'. I thought it may be the poe port but when I connect another camera to that port, it works fine. If I connect the DS-2CD2387G2-LU directly to my router via a poe switch, it works and I can view it on my monitor. It also records to the NVR. I lowered bit rates and resolution on all the cameras to see if that would do anything but no dice.

I made sure onvif is on and setup as admin under the Hikvisions cameras advanced network menu and the same thing on the NVRs onvif section under accounts. (both NVRs use the same Grey and Blue GUI)

I've spent hours researching this forum and on google and can not seem to figure out how to get it working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tried that also. Both passwords are the same, still no luck.
Try deleting the camera from the NVR entirely and then search for new devices. If the camera is detected then re-add it to the NVR with the correct login credentials and hopefully that will fix it. I had the same error issue with one of my cameras and the procedure I just described was the only way I tried that worked after beating my head against the wall for a few days. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Reaction score
So do you own a big sledge hammer...?? Yeah....that won't fix it but the revenge wold be sweet!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Actually I do have a sledge hammer and it is very tempting lol. Considering the hikvision worked with an older Watchguard NVR, I must be missing something (besides my mind). Appreciate all the suggestions on this thread but tried them along with some other info I found from other threads and websites. I've got a cat6 cable hanging out of the linen closet where the NVR is which is connected to a temporary poe switch that is connected to my router just to get it working for now. Already copped an earful from the Mrs about all these cables hanging out. She's one of those OCD clean freaks lol. Will skip the sledge hammer idea for both the camera and the Mrs..............for now :lmao: .

Reaction score
GUYS GUYS GUYS...I got it working!!!!. Just as I was about to walk out to the shed to grab the sledge hammer and enter my bedroom while the Mrs was alseep (it's 10am in Sydney Australia as I type this), I did further reseach in bed this morning. I saw some suggestions on this forum recommending I tick DHCP in the Hikvisions setting under Basic Settings - TCP/IP. Also another suggesting to add two ONVIF profiles on both the NVR and the camera. One called admin with Administrator Level and one admin1 with user level. All passwords the same. I then tried this and unplugged the Hikvision camera from the temporary POE switch that ran to the router and plugged the Cat6 for the Hikvision camera directly to the NVR poe port 1.

Initially I got the 'login return time is up' for the camera (which had an IP of 192.168.1.55) but then the monitor for the NVR mentioned something about a new device replacing channel 1 and I clicked OK. Then the window for the camera in question wanted me to enter a password which was not unual as this was happening while trying all the suggestions. But there was one difference now. This time the IP address was different. It looked similar to the IP address when you connect a Dahua camera to a Dahua NVR (10.1.1.XX). I put the password in and held my breath. Screen went black.....waited......BAM live view!!!!!!!. No smashed camera, no murder charges :lmao::lmao::lmao:. So, once again Thank you for all the suggestions and thank god for this forum.