Trying to connect to the video steams on a HeimVision HM241 Security System with out their "Eseecloud" Windows application.

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1639688763426.png

main debug: VLC media player - 3.0.16 Vetinari
main debug: Copyright © 1996-2021 the VideoLAN team
main debug: revision 3.0.16-0-g5e70837d8d
main debug: configured with /home/jenkins/workspace/vlc-release/windows/vlc-release-win32-x64/extras/package/win32/../../../configure '--enable-update-check' '--enable-lua' '--enable-faad' '--enable-flac' '--enable-theora' '--enable-avcodec' '--enable-merge-ffmpeg' '--enable-dca' '--enable-mpc' '--enable-libass' '--enable-schroedinger' '--enable-realrtsp' '--enable-live555' '--enable-shout' '--enable-goom' '--enable-sse' '--enable-mmx' '--enable-libcddb' '--enable-zvbi' '--disable-telx' '--enable-nls' '--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32' '--with-contrib=../contrib/x86_64-w64-mingw32' '--with-breakpad=' '--enable-qt' '--enable-skins2' '--enable-dvdread' '--enable-caca' 'host_alias=x86_64-w64-mingw32' 'CFLAGS= ' 'CXXFLAGS= ' 'PKG_CONFIG=pkg-config' 'PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/x86_64-w64-mingw32/pkgconfig'

just in case, yes I am using rtsp:/[/]192.168.1.190:80/ch0_0.264

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're welcome. I don't know why the log says you are trying with one / after rtsp:.
FWIW, the forum software has always disallowed two sequential forward slashes (" / "); it's been reported to admin a couple of years ago. :idk:

Last edited:

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I dont know much about telnet, but could I telnet into these cameras and make a miracle/change things?

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if anyone comes across this post, I believe the solution can be found here:

the thing is, I am not smart enough haha for this, and was extremely confused as to what the solution is or was(around the end of the page). If anyone that understands any of this could explain it to me as if I was a child, then id be very thankful!

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay people, I was able to get a stream of the camera to the PC. Basically what I did was to use the following command (Had to install FFmpeg) ffplay -headers "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46" -i ""

(use 12 instead of 11 if you want the substream, ALSO, forum adds spaces to the start and end of "" so be careful with that, else it wont work)

According to the people/person/or from what i read I think, this command should work directly with these cameras heimvision cameras ca01 which real model is 575016 for the NVR model K8208-W, But it seems to only work with an ethernet connection to the cameras.

This is how it should look 1639844764705.png

I got this script from this forum in which they seemed to be having the same painful task of wanting to access the stream of this cameras.

This command also works

ffplay -headers "User-Agent: JUAN ProductCheck" -headers "Host: abc" -headers "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46" -i ""

Last edited:
Reaction score
stevenjus, I signed up just to say thanks for pursuing this. In spite of the weirdly sunny reviews for this Heimvision system, I've found everything about it to be unacceptable hot garbage EXCEPT the image quality from the cameras themselves. You probably saved me from trashing it all and starting over. I struggled a little bit until I realized 'Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46' means username: admin and no password (as they came) I set passwords on my camera long ago and am not otherwise sure how to authenticate. Blanking them out works for me for now. You mentioned that this only seems to work with ethernet, but I can confirm wifi works. Granted, there's probably other ways to skin a cat, but I used an old wifi router to spoof the NVR (it has the SSID and WPA key in the gui) so that the cameras connected it instead, then was able to get onto the same network segment as the cameras and re-ip them to what I wanted. Now to plan accordingly and get these into Shinobi, thanks again!

Edit: A couple of my cameras wouldn't open without the -f:v hevc argument. (so example ffplay -f:v hevc -headers "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46" -i "" )
-Ian

Last edited:

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
stevenjus, I signed up just to say thanks for pursuing this. In spite of the weirdly sunny reviews for this Heimvision system, I've found everything about it to be unacceptable hot garbage EXCEPT the image quality from the cameras themselves. You probably saved me from trashing it all and starting over. I struggled a little bit until I realized 'Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46' means username: admin and no password (as they came) I set passwords on my camera long ago and am not otherwise sure how to authenticate. Blanking them out works for me for now. You mentioned that this only seems to work with ethernet, but I can confirm wifi works. Granted, there's probably other ways to skin a cat, but I used an old wifi router to spoof the NVR (it has the SSID and WPA key in the gui) so that the cameras connected it instead, then was able to get onto the same network segment as the cameras and re-ip them to what I wanted. Now to plan accordingly and get these into Shinobi, thanks again!

Edit: A couple of my cameras wouldn't open without the -f:v hevc argument. (so example ffplay -f:v hevc -headers "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46" -i "" )
-Ian
Hey drwatson32.exe, glad to have been helpful, though i really didnt do much, all I did was research hahaha. The people who really deserved to be thanked would be the ones in the other forum. I did get to change the camera network before, but with the help of their eseecloud app. In there one is able to add a camera individually, and then if one right clicks on it, one gets to modify the network the cameras connect to along image settings and whatever. since i didnt want such software on my machine, i simply installed it in a old laptop running windows 10 that I use to test crap .exes for safety.

as to your issue with the cameras not opening, I ahvent ran into such issue, but then again, im running into other issues when adding the cameras to shinbi. It could be said that im not the best shinobi user there is, so i was wondering if you could help me by showing me, or uploading your shinobi camera configuration for these cameras. Also, know of a way to reducing the delay on shinobi? Even me 5mp amcrest cameras, that work perfecty fine everywhere else, have massive delay in shinnovi, which is an issue to me as we depend on one ofthe cameras to know when packages are delivered. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't really comment on the delay, but I was able to get these cameras working based on the reply that you got on the other forum. The poster warned about using HEVC for the stream and I'm not sure why, it works fine for me with minimal system load. I also get reliably better results opening all of my cameras with the -f:v hevc (maybe unloading some of the probing/identification work from ffmpeg?) and was able to add it to Shinobi as well. Attached are my settings, and also this in the Custom -> Input Flags box- -f:v hevc -headers "Content-Length: 59" -headers "User-Agent: JUAN ProductCheck" -headers "Host: abc" -headers "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46"

Attachments