Trying to Idnetify an unbranded camera

vofdoom

n3wb
Reaction score
This was actually really helpful! Although, I think what its giving me is the manufacturer of the wireless chip but not the camera itself. FN-LINK, I don't see any cameras in their list of products

SecurityCams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This was actually really helpful! Although, I think what its giving me is the manufacturer of the wireless chip but not the camera itself. FN-LINK, I don't see any cameras in their list of products
Does it have a wired ethernet port you can connect a cable to? if so use that.

SecurityCams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it is the same company that makes this. I just did a search for the number in your first post in duck duck go

YYZ1005-Z100-v1.1

Attachments

vofdoom

n3wb
Reaction score
I think it is the same company that makes this. I just did a search for the number in your first post in duck duck go

YYZ1005-Z100-v1.1
Yes that one is the same company, I tried downloading their client and haven't had much luck with it.

vofdoom

n3wb
Reaction score
It is a Shenzen camera, just found a boingboing article about how bad they are lol.

Reaction score
I picked this little guy up at a resale shop and was hoping to use it but so far I can't figure out how to get it going. I've plugged it in and it seems to run through a diagnostic, spins around and beeps, etc. Also I have it plugged into my router and confirmed that does show up with an IP on my list of devices. I've tried just putting the ip in my browser, but no luck there. I've also tried holding down the reset button until it beeps, with no luck. There are no brand names or identifying labels anywhere on it. The bottom has a sticker with an ID and password. I opened it up and on the circuit board was printed YYZ1005-Z100-v1.1, and a manufacture date. I've tried a few programs that scan for ip cameras and none of them find it. I've also tried a few apps on my phone with no luck. Was hoping some one here might have some insight into what I could do to get this working, any advice would be much appreciated
The trick for most of these cheaper WiFi cameras is to connect using the Ethernet port initially. You can connect direct to PC or router but you have to connect via Ethernet initially just to setup for wireless etc. Connect the camera to your PC Ethernet and see if you can determine the IP the camera is using. If you can’t get it using the PC use the router, either way determine what the IP is then update your pc to be on the same subnet and access via http on your preferred browser. From there you should be able to connect directly to camera and setup for wireless or reset passwords.

Once setup for access, you would need to utilize a viewing application that you can find via Google. Good luck!