Trying to setup some Cisco IP cameras with Blue Iris...need help!

stanleyd25

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, any help would be appreciated here...

I got some Cisco cameras given to me from work and I'm trying to set them up in Blue Iris but I can't seem to get the connection settings right to get the video feed. So far I've...

1) Factory reset the camera
2) Logged into the camera, set user name and password on the camera
3) Set a static IP
4) Enabled ONVIF

I've played around with some of the port settings but I'm not sure if that's what the problem is or not. The error I continue to get is 80000007a (Check Port/User/Password).

I'm sure this is some small setting or network port configuration I'm overlooking that hopefully someone can help out with. Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I take it that you are using the BI Find/inspect button? You put in the IP address and the user/password (like below)? Are you setting the proper port numbers?
1596337979945.png

For a Dahua cam those port numbers are set in the cam web GUI:

1596338043101.png

I do not know where in a Cisco cam it would be.

PS: I have seen some users that have somehow set a different password for ONVIF verses the admin password.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you going into BI, selecting "add camera" and then typing in the IP address, user, and password and then find/inspect button?

If so try the find/inspect without the IP address and see if a list of cameras show up to choose from.

stanleyd25

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, thanks guys. Yeah so it turns out the default ONVIF port that BI was trying to use was 8999. I just need to change that to either 80 or 443. But now it looks like I'm getting a connection through BI to the camera, but I'm now getting error 404 - Stream Not Found...?

stanleyd25

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I did...here's what I get when I do...

Opening 192.168.1.15 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2018-07-11T14:55:51.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Model: CIVS-IPC-3620
FirmwareVersion: 2.9.3-3
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has media services: /onvif/device_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is MP1
first source is VSRC1
requesting URI for profile MP1
RTSP URI: /StreamingSetting?version=1.0&action=getRTSPStream&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=Channel1
Has Event services: /onvif/device_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
RelayOutput: 1/Bistable/open
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/device_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Done

This is also what that discovery populates int the "Main Stream" box:

/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&action=getRTSPStream&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=Channel1

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You may already have seen this but the URL for RTSP stated in what I found below is very different from what you've attempted to use in Blue Iris.

Please read this:

From the Cisco Video Surveillance 3000 Series IP Camera Configuration Guide, Release 2.9:
Viewing Live Video and Snapshots from a Browser

I've attached the PDF version of that chapter.

Attachments

stanleyd25

n3wb
Reaction score
This worked for me on a Cisco 6030.
rtsp:/192.168.254.134:554/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&action=login&userName=admin&password=password&getRTSPStream&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=Channel1
View attachment 68627
Thanks. I actually got them working today. Turns out it was the security settings on the switch I was using. Anyway, now I'm onto trying to figure out how to get the stream in color not black and white. But thank you for your response!