Trying to understand Motion Detection + IVS based recordings

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 5216-16P NVR and 4231EM-AS cameras. As I set up, I am trying to understand motion detection and IVS.

Q1. Does camera performs motion detection and IVS. I am assuming as yes, because 4231 are capable of that and I have set those in camera.

Q2. If I have to record motion detection video in NVR, then does NVR also performs motion detection or does it get notification from camera and based on those notifications NVR starts stops recording?

Q3. Do I need to enable alarms in camera. The alarm tab has IVS, motion detection check box. I am assuming, no.

Thanks for all the answers.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
All of the motion and IVS detection is performed by the camera, which sends the notifications to the nvr. The alarms aren't related to recording for the motion and IVS events, but for additional actions other than recording. (Except for alarm inputs, which can be set to trigger recording).

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All of the motion and IVS detection is performed by the camera, which sends the notifications to the nvr. The alarms aren't related to recording for the motion and IVS events, but for additional actions other than recording. (Except for alarm inputs, which can be set to trigger recording).
Thanks. This is what I was looking for.